Macan as a family car

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

£ litre cosworth Granny was a fine machine. Quick because unlike moderns it weighed next to nothing. Well, 1.2 tonnes............less than a Boxster....

SD1 V8 a magnificent machine when screwed together properly. Sadly 99% were not. Oh, and the interior was designed by Noddy's nurse..........
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'

Terry_Macan

Post by Terry_Macan »

That's the one.

Quick for its day (think it was the fastest production hatchback at the time @ 135mph) and handled extremely well for its size, I suppose due to the light engine and relatively low centre of gravity. Did very well in the BTCC and similar in the early to mid 80's. Great looking car too with styling cues from the Ferrari Daytona at the front!

Wide spread of plentiful torque made It great to drive every day and at 70mph it was only doing about 2,300 rpm so was economical on motorway runs.

Bodywork and paint problems were no worse than other manufacturers for the 1980s cars (but the 70s ones had terrible paint problems), just dreadful electrics and for me heater matrix.
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Whilst having a nostalgia fest; I was the happy owner of probably the only reliable Sprilomite Dont back in the day. Quick car in its daywith goodhandling and a comfortable, stylish interor. Happy Daze.
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'