40k Service RPM Technik

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Funrider

Post by Funrider »

You should expect to require new discs, in addition to pads.

I did, when I ran my SD to 55k miles, and latest service report shows my Turbo heading in same direction...

😵😵££😵😢
2016 Macan Turbo Jet Black PPF /Saddle Brown full leather/Walnut 18way heated Pano Connect +2 Surround cameras Air/PASM 21 Black Classics /20 SportDesign
2015 SD Macan sold 3yr/54k. Sapphire
Past: Mexico Mk1, 205GTI (3x),Integrale 8v, Scooby Impreza STI,

BHT

Post by BHT »

Spent the day with RPM Technik on Wednesday, it was a 260 mile round trip so couldn't pop home while they were doing it.

Great hospitality, loads of coffee and water, immaculate showrooms, a great hospitality suite to sit and wait, Zoe looked after me well.

Had a 40k service done, brake fluid change, new front discs and pads, new rear pads.
2017 Macan diesel with all available options.
BHT

Post by BHT »

Funrider wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:28 am .... and latest service report shows my Turbo heading in same direction...

How many miles had you done when you were told the turbo was a problem?
2017 Macan diesel with all available options.
Funrider

Post by Funrider »

Apologies - my comment was ambiguous.

I meant to say that the recent Vehicle Health Check on my current Macan (a Turbo) indicates that the front brake disks will require changing at the same time as when it needs new pads.

Indicated cost £958.88 inc VAT.

This is what happened with my previous Macan Diesel, and seems common ( disks & pads together)

I take some comfort that in the c. 5 years I’ve read this forum, I don’t recall reports about Macan turbocharger failures.

Other than the well known transfer box issue, I think the Macan seems fairly robust, especially considering that at least some of them will be driven to exploit their ‘performance’ potential.
2016 Macan Turbo Jet Black PPF /Saddle Brown full leather/Walnut 18way heated Pano Connect +2 Surround cameras Air/PASM 21 Black Classics /20 SportDesign
2015 SD Macan sold 3yr/54k. Sapphire
Past: Mexico Mk1, 205GTI (3x),Integrale 8v, Scooby Impreza STI,