SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Document_2021-05-16_104528.jpg

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

What's interesting about that article is the PPE platform has been developed for high riding vehicles. I presume it must be capable of adaption to suit saloons.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
pmg

Post by pmg »

One reason must be if lower and better aero, longer EV range.

Having said that in the current market, there might be more scope for Porsche to make a third but smaller SUV

Personal my major issue with vehicles now is their width with the current Macan right on the maximum I am prepared to buy. Current Q5 is wider than q5 Macan based on and I fear Macan EV if close to Q6 will be too wide for my taste and garage and a cannot see a lower Cajun being narrower than Macan in sense Panamera wider than Cayenne
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

A smaller Porcshe saloon or hatch would be perfect for me. I prefer a “car” now to SUV having had several SUVs. If Porsche would build a smaller Panamera and include performance versions to rival say the M3 and electric versions, say a a smaller Taycan, to rival the Model 3 then I could see myself back in the brand as I still need something to carry teenage kids in the back so the Cayman or 911 are no good to me.
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

pmg wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:33 pm One reason must be if lower and better aero, longer EV range.

Having said that in the current market, there might be more scope for Porsche to make a third but smaller SUV

Personal my major issue with vehicles now is their width with the current Macan right on the maximum I am prepared to buy. Current Q5 is wider than q5 Macan based on and I fear Macan EV if close to Q6 will be too wide for my taste and garage and a cannot see a lower Cajun being narrower than Macan in sense Panamera wider than Cayenne
If you take a look at the attached photo, you’ll see that the Macan is actually wider than the latest Q5.

9AB0A771-48F8-400B-92B5-4FAF01E0035A.png

Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
pmg

Post by pmg »

AllanG wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 4:14 pm
pmg wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:33 pm One reason must be if lower and better aero, longer EV range.

If you take a look at the attached photo, you’ll see that the Macan is actually wider than the latest Q5.

i always look at total width including mirrors and then Macan 2098 Q5 2140 mm
pmg

Post by pmg »

pmg wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 4:40 pm
AllanG wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 4:14 pm

I always look at total width including mirrors and then Macan 2098 Q5 2140 mm.

That car dimensions is probably one of my favourite internet sites
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

[/quote]

[/quote]

You can always fold the wing mirrors in if you’re in a tight spot lol 😆

Yeah, it is a good website for comparing different car dimensions 👍
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
pmg

Post by pmg »

AllanG wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:48 pm

[/quote]

You can always fold the wing mirrors in if you’re in a tight spot lol 😆

Yeah, it is a good website for comparing different car dimensions 👍
[/quote]

I prefer mirrors out when manoeuvring even with surround view
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I agree with other comments ......cars in general are becoming too wide.

Bigger cars are probably nicer to drive on a motorway but unfortunately parking spaces and garages have not grown accordingly.

My next car will definitely be smaller than a Macan.