Semiconductor Shortage

All your ordering information here!
hood69

Post by hood69 »

Salesman got back on my GTS order today
Says it's built and sitting at Emden.
Mine just had the normal GTS seats if that's of any significance.

Conwy GTS

Post by Conwy GTS »

hood69 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:59 pm Salesman got back on my GTS order today
I think I hate you 🤣🤣
Congratulations!
Current :
2021 Porsche Macan GTS

Previously :
2014 Porsche Boxster S
2017 Jaguar F Type 3.0S
2016 VW Golf R
2017 Audi S4 Avant
2016 Audi S3 Sportback
hood69

Post by hood69 »

Conwy GTS wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:50 pm
I think I hate you 🤣🤣
Congratulations!
Thanks
I'm surprised your dealer(Perth you said) has all of it's Macan's delayed.
No idea why some are and some aren't.

I'm now figuring out how to pay for it lol
Macanori

Post by Macanori »

Well I got the call to say my Macan has now been delayed to factory build of first week in July...this is the second delay as was initially meant to be end of May, then pushed back to mid June.

The issue is, I don't currently have a car and there'll come a point when I just need to get one...so the question is, what would you recommend are the best options? Hope for the July build date? Expect it to be delayed again? Cancel and look for other marques altogether? (the pre-owned Macan S prices are crazy just now so not going to go down that route...)
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Macanori wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 11:29 am Well I got the call to say my Macan has now been delayed to factory build of first week in July...this is the second delay as was initially meant to be end of May, then pushed back to mid June.

The issue is, I don't currently have a car and there'll come a point when I just need to get one...so the question is, what would you recommend are the best options? Hope for the July build date? Expect it to be delayed again? Cancel and look for other marques altogether? (the pre-owned Macan S prices are crazy just now so not going to go down that route...)
:idea:
Ask your OPC to provide you with a loan car - nothing ventured, nothing gained!
Failing that, ask them if they have a car that you can rent until your Macan is available.
Or failing that, if they have a cheap trade-in car that you can buy and with a guaranteed buy-back price from them.

Failing that buy a cheap banger to keep you going. :o

You know you want that brand new Porsche Macan ;) :)
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Conwy GTS

Post by Conwy GTS »

SAC1 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 11:40 am
Macanori wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 11:29 am Well I got the call to say my Macan has now been delayed to factory build of first week in July...this is the second delay as was initially meant to be end of May, then pushed back to mid June.

:idea:
Ask your OPC to provide you with a loan car - nothing ventured, nothing gained!
Failing that, ask them if they have a car that you can rent until your Macan is available.
Or failing that, if they have a cheap trade-in car that you can buy and with a guaranteed buy-back price from them.

Failing that buy a cheap banger to keep you going. :o

You know you want that brand new Porsche Macan ;) :)
I was in exactly the same boat. Expected May delivery, sold my car privately in April and now the GTS is not due until mid August in the UK.

So I have bought the wife a new Mini Cooper S convertible and I’ll drive the S3 until the GTS arrives. In the meantime i have negotiated a better financial package with the dealer and they are taking the S3 as part ex for a guaranteed amount. All worked out in the end.

Also, I agree if it turns up in August I will wait until September 1st to pick up 👍
Current :
2021 Porsche Macan GTS

Previously :
2014 Porsche Boxster S
2017 Jaguar F Type 3.0S
2016 VW Golf R
2017 Audi S4 Avant
2016 Audi S3 Sportback
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

I agree with SAC1 - ask the dealer/Porsche uk for a car

I’m sure there used to be something in the contract to say they need to keep you mobile if the car turns up beyond stated delivery date - this was why 9/10 the cars always turned up earlier , surprise surprise!

When my wife ordered her 981 I sold her previous car quicker than I thought and they put us in a 991 cab whilst we waited and that wasn’t even their fault!

Times are probably different now As I think they always have a shortage of cars now
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Conwy GTS

Post by Conwy GTS »

Tracky wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:25 pm I agree with SAC1 - ask the dealer/Porsche uk for a car

Times are probably different now As I think they always have a shortage of cars now
I tried this and they told me that if they had anything they would loan it to me, but all dealers are low on stock at the minute.
Current :
2021 Porsche Macan GTS

Previously :
2014 Porsche Boxster S
2017 Jaguar F Type 3.0S
2016 VW Golf R
2017 Audi S4 Avant
2016 Audi S3 Sportback
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Conwy GTS wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:35 pm
Tracky wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:25 pm I agree with SAC1 - ask the dealer/Porsche uk for a car

I tried this and they told me that if they had anything they would loan it to me, but all dealers are low on stock at the minute.
Then don’t they have to hire you something in?
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Northandy

Post by Northandy »

Must be sat on the dock with mine, mines still sat there apparently 😂

Not too bothered as have my current gts and got that deal done ready for when the new one comes