Should I get rid while used prices are through the roof? and new facelift info

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
ianst

Post by ianst »

MikeW666 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:44 pm Just sold my Nov 2020 GTS
Ran it for 6 months
Got all my equity back
Never had a car like that
Wondering when to pull the trigger on the new updated model for later in the year
Now. preston had 4 in front of me when I put my deposit down. Chester 9, wilmslow saying late spring next year.

Sold mine and got more than my equity back after 21 months
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)

NSinc

Post by NSinc »

Just sold my 69 S with 7k miles. Put it on here and pistonheads and had a bidding war! Let it go for 55k in the end, but had an offer for 56k once i'd taken a deposit! It's mad!
2018 Audi RS3 480bhp (Nardo Grey)
2019 Macan S (Volcano Grey)
ianst

Post by ianst »

NSinc wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:25 am Just sold my 69 S with 7k miles. Put it on here and pistonheads and had a bidding war! Let it go for 55k in the end, but had an offer for 56k once i'd taken a deposit! It's mad!
My 69S went for 55k with 12k too
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)
neilj007

Post by neilj007 »

My Cayenne E-hybrid went for £65.5k, 19 plate, model 20 year 14k miles. I've now taken a car on subscription service until the Taycan CT arrives...
Macan
Taycan Turbo
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

All very good but it is just like the housing market, sell your house and you have to buy another which will be equally as afflicted by crazy prices. The only way to profit is to 'downsize' so what's the point?
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
Guy

Post by Guy »

Cheshire Cat wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:55 am All very good but it is just like the housing market, sell your house and you have to buy another which will be equally as afflicted by crazy prices. The only way to profit is to 'downsize' so what's the point?

Well said - I am just about to put my house on the market, move to rental and await the crash! My Macan was sold in Oct, so I should have hung on a little for a couple of grand more :(

In the housing market downsizing is still an expensive business: I reckon that downsizing in value by a couple of hundred grand could cost me £40k in fees (estate agent, solicitor, removals, stamp duty etc)!! That would have paid for my first flat! I can see why so many retired people hang onto unnecessarily large houses. Reduced Stamp Duty for downsizers would get my vote, and possibly help the market.
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

As a retired person in an unnecessarily large house (filled mostly with Mrs CC's bloody clothes) I concur with above. I have a friend who is contemplating cashing in on his also unnecessarily large property and renting. He reckons his house should gross him 600-650k. If it does, he plans to rent a place and be done with maintenance bills etc. His logic is that he could spend £25-30k renting a nice house in a nice location for ten years and still have a wad in the bank. He's 71, has a very good pension and doesn't expect to be around into his 80's given his family history, so when he snuffs it, the government will get nothing which I feel is his main motivation for even considering this move.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.