New Porsche tax?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
adam b

Post by adam b »

Had my pano roof drains cleaned and pipe trimmed in 2019 (they trim the end of the exit pipe which widens the hole and reduced the issue).

Car now in for a service and the OPC suggests cleaning them out again “as it’s been two years”. My car has done 7,000 miles in that time as is kept in an underground car park.

I asked if they are actually blocked and they can’t tell. They want £169 to check and flush or £299 to flush and adjust the pipes.

Told them pipes had already been adjusted so it’s £169 to flush with a rod, but no charge if water runs freely.

So I now have to trust them to tell me if they weren’t blocked and not make an easy £169 on top of the £800 service - hmmmmm!!
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)

AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Before authorising your OPC to do this ‘work’, I suggest you carefully pour some water down the drains yourself to see if the water actually drains away and, if so, I wouldn’t go let your OPC do anything to them........I’m afraid £169 is just taking the p..s!!! 👎👎
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

AllanG wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:36 pm Before authorising your OPC to do this ‘work’, I suggest you carefully pour some water down the drains yourself to see if the water actually drains away and, if so, I wouldn’t go let your OPC do anything to them........I’m afraid £169 is just taking the p..s!!! 👎👎
^100% this.
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
adam b

Post by adam b »

Well they charged it but then refunded it when I asked for the video they said they would send and didn’t have it, just the after video which was too big to email over!

I let the usual £8.44 for washer fluid that I filled up last week slide.

I can see this being a standard battle every two years so will check myself before the next service
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Porsche can be extremely ingenious and inventive with new ways to charge us! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Sorry to say that my experience of Porsche dealers is terrible. And the customer service is even worse. Even Porsche UK do not return my calls anymore.
I was charged for a litre of mobile one that I didn’t want, washer fluid and Adblue that I didn’t ask for, total bill £770 WITHOUT engine oil change. I had four new tyres two weeks before the service, so they had done literally 200 miles and I was told the rears were wearing! Then there’s the sunroof seal - they broke the whole roof and needed replacement, they changed the EGR and created a fuel leak, then told me to get an expert opinion of a recurring gearbox fault. Just awful.

Rant over.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Connoisseur

Post by Connoisseur »

Yesterday I pored a bottle of hot water down each side with the pano roof open. Water ran clear thro. I checked the drain points which are yet to be modified so will do that in the next week.

So a 10 minute Job; told swmbo she owed me £200 for the work, and I'd throw in the mod for free.

Didn't in the end need to go to casualty but jaw I still sore😜
adam b

Post by adam b »

Well they got little out of me I’m pleased to say:

660 for 4 year service
160 for brake fluid (rip off)
72 for new tyre sealant kit as had expired (probably should have bought online)
20 for hire car for two days

Rejected the air con change, it works fine and car has done 4000 miles in two years

Rejected new front brake discs, plenty of life

Rejected new tyres, bought much cheaper elsewhere

Rejected paying for pano roof drain clearance, they did FOC

Small victories but it shouldn’t be a battle. Standard MO seems to be “can afford a Porsche, they will bend over without question”

Shame
Northandy

Post by Northandy »

To be honest I recently had my gts in for a major service at Porsche Teesside, coincided with its first mot so major service, mot and brake fluid for £760. I was pleasantly surprised no hard sell on brakes (despite having done 36k on them)

Would definitely recommend them for servicing
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Am I missing something. This thread title is New Porsche Tax, but the discussion is about draining the roof rails?
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver