Panoramic roof sometimes will not fully close.

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Chilgrove

Post by Chilgrove »

I wonder if anyone can throw any light on this. Occasionally my roof will not close, or to be more exact, it will close then re-opens to about 160mm. Maybe my imagination but it seems to happen more when the outside air temperature is higher.

B737NGWS

Post by B737NGWS »

Hi - I don’t have a panoramic roof but there is something in the ‘Good to Know’ app which, similar to resetting the windows may help?

E31292D0-33B6-47BC-A0FA-D53544B5946E.jpeg

Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

I had tis a few times but suspected it was sensing an obstruction. Did my best to clean and lubricate the mech and seems to have fixed it

Does anybody have or seen a guide on how to clean and lube the roof? Would prefer to do it than pay the OPC a few hundred quid
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Chilgrove

Post by Chilgrove »

Thanks for your input. In my case there has been no emergency use or battery disconnection. I may try to lubricate the roof seals using the spray that was supplied FOC by my supplying dealer in Edinburgh. Sytner (www.sytner.co.uk) Superlube with PTFE. On the tin it mentions sun roofs. The maker may be Wurth. However I am always a bit skeptical about using lubricants like this in case dust sticks to it.
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Chilgrove wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:30 pm Thanks for your input. In my case there has been no emergency use or battery disconnection. I may try to lubricate the roof seals using the spray that was supplied FOC by my supplying dealer in Edinburgh. Sytner (www.sytner.co.uk) Superlube with PTFE. On the tin it mentions sun roofs. The maker may be Wurth. However I am always a bit skeptical about using lubricants like this in case dust sticks to it.
That is what I used supplied by the same OPC (Edinburgh). Would like to know how to do it properly though
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

VW / Audi / Porsche use a very expensive grease. See here (Audi, but same roof mechanism)....

https://www.audiworld.com/how-tos/a/aud ... ism-423445
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

CharlesElliott wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:14 pm VW / Audi / Porsche use a very expensive grease. See here (Audi, but same roof mechanism)....

https://www.audiworld.com/how-tos/a/aud ... ism-423445
Excellent Charles, thank you!