Gen 3 Colours

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:03 pm must say, looking at those pictures, one thing I wish was an option on the new Macan was to NOT have the rev-counter in white. Its a bit to "in your face" and I think it spoils the look of the dash a bit.

One more question @Tracky, it looks like you have comfort seats. Are they the 14 way ones? I'm still a little indecisive on the whole 14/18 way thing. I like the look of the sports seats but I'm a little porky (38" waste, 5ft 7), and the wife is a tad more rotund (don't worry, she doesn't read this). I am a little concerned about the repots of the sports seats being a tad snug and difficult to get in and out of.
Agree on the speedo. Curiously, when you add something like clock on the dash, heated seats, or other interior options the pic that comes up shows the dash with a black faced clock. Could be a configurator’ism but might be worth checking with your SE. They have more detail on their system.

We have the the 18 way seats. They’re fine for us but we’re taller and slimmer :o. Those who have the 14’s say they’re comfortable for most shapes and sizes so if in doubt go for them I’d say.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:23 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:03 pm must say, looking at those pictures, one thing I wish was an option on the new Macan was to NOT have the rev-counter in white. Its a bit to "in your face" and I think it spoils the look of the dash a bit.

One more question @Tracky, it looks like you have comfort seats. Are they the 14 way ones? I'm still a little indecisive on the whole 14/18 way thing. I like the look of the sports seats but I'm a little porky (38" waste, 5ft 7), and the wife is a tad more rotund (don't worry, she doesn't read this). I am a little concerned about the repots of the sports seats being a tad snug and difficult to get in and out of.
Agree on the speedo. Curiously, when you add something like clock on the dash, heated seats, or other interior options the pic that comes up shows the dash with a black faced clock. Could be a configurator’ism but might be worth checking with your SE. They have more detail on their system.

We have the the 18 way seats. They’re fine for us but we’re taller and slimmer :o. Those who have the 14’s say they’re comfortable for most shapes and sizes so if in doubt go for them I’d say.
Thanks Must say I didn't pay a lot of attention to what seats were in the car I test drove but they were very comfy. I think I need to go to the dealership and see if they have some I can sit in ( although I don't think they have a lot of stock at the moment, like everyone else). I think its going to be a few months before I am locked-in to the spec, so I'll leave them alone for a week or 2 and then go and have a look. Tried googling about the seats and the general consensus seems to be the 18's can be a bit tricky to get in and out of gracefully and can feel a little tight for some body shapes, but really feel fantastic if you are the right shape. 14's don't look as fancy but fit more people and don't require a hoist to get in and out of the car. decisions, decisions......
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Yes 14 way comfort.

I assume my friend has them in his wife’s turbo that I’ve only been in once and yes just a little more snug but not sure if needed on a big suv.

If they don’t have any at mid Sussex you are welcome to come and look at ours
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Deleted User 4436

Tracky wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:34 pm

Yes 14 way comfort.

I assume my friend has them in his wife’s turbo that I’ve only been in once and yes just a little more snug but not sure if needed on a big suv.

That's very kind of you, thanks. I have emailed them and see what they come back with. Roughly where are you (feel free to DM me if you don't want to share that publicly)
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Just about 20 mins east of the dealer

Nearest town is Uckfield
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Deleted User 4436

Tracky wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:51 pm Just about 20 mins east of the dealer

Nearest town is Uckfield
other side from me (over near Petworth) but no biggie, gives my son an excuse to drive his car (he's not had a lot of opportunity with covid and all - 18 months of Uni from our living room for £9,300. Bargain). I really appreciate the offer. Let me see what the dealer says and I'll PM you. May be nice to pop over and say hi and have a chat about real world Macan ownership anyway.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:02 pm
Tracky wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:51 pm Just about 20 mins east of the dealer

Nearest town is Uckfield
other side from me (over near Petworth) but no biggie, gives my son an excuse to drive his car (he's not had a lot of opportunity with covid and all - 18 months of Uni from our living room for £9,300. Bargain). I really appreciate the offer. Let me see what the dealer says and I'll PM you. May be nice to pop over and say hi and have a chat about real world Macan ownership anyway.
Ok

I do love the 272 and do come that way for a blast but not in the Macan!

No problem let me know
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

r1flyguy wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:20 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:17 pm
r1flyguy wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:15 pm I like the orange too but SWMBO is not a fan and prefers Crayon.

Whats the usual amount of time between submitting your code to an OPC before they call?

Think there will be the usual pecking order?
with me i sent the code in about 08:30 pm and they called me around 09:30 the next day. Thats Mid Sussex in Burgess Hill. Must say they’ve been pretty good getting back to me on all my queries

Nice, sent mine lunch time today had the usual email stating its been forwarded but nothing more.
Still no callback for me! Obviously Solihul OPC are not interested in me buying a new car from them! 🤣
Macan GTS collected 01/092022 - PN4IVH48

Previous - 2015 Macan SD
Previous - 991.1 TTS met an untimely and sad end.
Previous - 2008 997 Turbo traded for TurboS
Previous - 2003 986 BoxsterS Sold due to needing a 3rd seat :D
pmg

Post by pmg »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:43 pm
Tracky wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:34 pm

Yes 14 way comfort.

That's very kind of you, thanks. I have emailed them and see what they come back with. Roughly where are you (feel free to DM me if you don't want to share that publicly)
Looking at THe Burgess Hill used stock you should be OK Turbo s=which should have 18 as standard, two base with 14 way, one of the 2 GTS has 18 way and a base with 18 way.

if you have any problems I am in Petworth for concerts several times next week with my 18 ways
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Deleted User 4436

r1flyguy wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:25 pm
r1flyguy wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:20 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:17 pm

with me i sent the code in about 08:30 pm and they called me around 09:30 the next day. Thats Mid Sussex in Burgess Hill. Must say they’ve been pretty good getting back to me on all my queries

Nice, sent mine lunch time today had the usual email stating its been forwarded but nothing more.
Still no callback for me! Obviously Solihul OPC are not interested in me buying a new car from them! 🤣
I know this may not be especially helpful, but I sent a new spec over to my OPC yesterday afternoon (about the 38th version) and my contact was on-leave. However, they still got back to me by 10am this morning with a revised order form, which I signed on-line via Docusign.

The way I look at it is, if they can't be bothered to talk to you when you want to buy something, imagine what they'll be like if you have a problem with your car. I'd try a different OPC.