Gen 3 Colours

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

pmg wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:31 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:43 pm
Tracky wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:34 pm

Yes 14 way comfort.

I assume my friend has them in his wife’s turbo that I’ve only been in once and yes just a little more snug but not sure if needed on a big suv.

If they don’t have any at mid Sussex you are welcome to come and look at ours
That's very kind of you, thanks. I have emailed them and see what they come back with. Roughly where are you (feel free to DM me if you don't want to share that publicly)
Looking at THe Burgess Hill used stock you should be OK Turbo s=which should have 18 as standard, two base with 14 way, one of the 2 GTS has 18 way and a base with 18 way.

if you have any problems I am in Petworth for concerts several times next week with my 18 ways
Thanks. Very kind. I have noticed people on this forum all seem to be very helpful and none of the usual "on-line" abuse you normally get on other forums.

I'm going to speak to BH tomorrow and depending on what they come back with I'll give you a shout. I'm literally 2 miles from Petworth so we could easily meet up somewhere.

r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:34 pm
I know this may not be especially helpful, but I sent a new spec over to my OPC yesterday afternoon (about the 38th version) and my contact was on-leave. However, they still got back to me by 10am this morning with a revised order form, which I signed on-line via Docusign.

The way I look at it is, if they can't be bothered to talk to you when you want to buy something, imagine what they'll be like if you have a problem with your car. I'd try a different OPC.

Perfectly helpful thank you,
I’ve sent the spec over to another OPC. I live where there are about 4 OPC’s in a 30-40 mile radius. Will try to avoid the same owners though!
Macan GTS collected 01/092022 - PN4IVH48

Previous - 2015 Macan SD
Previous - 991.1 TTS met an untimely and sad end.
Previous - 2008 997 Turbo traded for TurboS
Previous - 2003 986 BoxsterS Sold due to needing a 3rd seat :D
ianst

Post by ianst »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:30 pm
Nuclear Nick wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:23 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:03 pm must say, looking at those pictures, one thing I wish was an option on the new Macan was to NOT have the rev-counter in white. Its a bit to "in your face" and I think it spoils the look of the dash a bit.

One more question @Tracky, it looks like you have comfort seats. Are they the 14 way ones? I'm still a little indecisive on the whole 14/18 way thing. I like the look of the sports seats but I'm a little porky (38" waste, 5ft 7), and the wife is a tad more rotund (don't worry, she doesn't read this). I am a little concerned about the repots of the sports seats being a tad snug and difficult to get in and out of.
Agree on the speedo. Curiously, when you add something like clock on the dash, heated seats, or other interior options the pic that comes up shows the dash with a black faced clock. Could be a configurator’ism but might be worth checking with your SE. They have more detail on their system.

We have the the 18 way seats. They’re fine for us but we’re taller and slimmer :o. Those who have the 14’s say they’re comfortable for most shapes and sizes so if in doubt go for them I’d say.
Thanks Must say I didn't pay a lot of attention to what seats were in the car I test drove but they were very comfy. I think I need to go to the dealership and see if they have some I can sit in ( although I don't think they have a lot of stock at the moment, like everyone else). I think its going to be a few months before I am locked-in to the spec, so I'll leave them alone for a week or 2 and then go and have a look. Tried googling about the seats and the general consensus seems to be the 18's can be a bit tricky to get in and out of gracefully and can feel a little tight for some body shapes, but really feel fantastic if you are the right shape. 14's don't look as fancy but fit more people and don't require a hoist to get in and out of the car. decisions, decisions......
you really need to try 18ways, we did and ended up getting 14s, the 18s look fantastic but have a high bolster which is putting off the rs ordering on a new car.
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)
Deleted User 4436

ianst wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:02 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:30 pm
Nuclear Nick wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:23 pm
Agree on the speedo. Curiously, when you add something like clock on the dash, heated seats, or other interior options the pic that comes up shows the dash with a black faced clock. Could be a configurator’ism but might be worth checking with your SE. They have more detail on their system.

We have the the 18 way seats. They’re fine for us but we’re taller and slimmer :o. Those who have the 14’s say they’re comfortable for most shapes and sizes so if in doubt go for them I’d say.
Thanks Must say I didn't pay a lot of attention to what seats were in the car I test drove but they were very comfy. I think I need to go to the dealership and see if they have some I can sit in ( although I don't think they have a lot of stock at the moment, like everyone else). I think its going to be a few months before I am locked-in to the spec, so I'll leave them alone for a week or 2 and then go and have a look. Tried googling about the seats and the general consensus seems to be the 18's can be a bit tricky to get in and out of gracefully and can feel a little tight for some body shapes, but really feel fantastic if you are the right shape. 14's don't look as fancy but fit more people and don't require a hoist to get in and out of the car. decisions, decisions......
you really need to try 18ways, we did and ended up getting 14s, the 18s look fantastic but have a high bolster which is putting off the rs ordering on a new car.
Just heard back from the dealer and he confirmed the ones in the car I drove were the 14 way comfort ones.

I need to try the sports ones now, as I feel another change of spec coming on. Mid Sussex Porsche are going to hate me……
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

The 8-way GTS seats are great. Comfortable on all trips, but with a enough side bolstering to grip you on fast B-roads. I much prefer these to both the14 and 18-way seats that I've experienced on extended test drives.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Deleted User 4436

SAC1 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:17 pm The 8-way GTS seats are great. Comfortable on all trips, but with a enough side bolstering to grip you on fast B-roads. I much prefer these to both the14 and 18-way seats that I've experienced on extended test drives.
dont say that! I'm confused enough already :)
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

r1flyguy wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:40 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:34 pm
I know this may not be especially helpful, but I sent a new spec over to my OPC yesterday afternoon (about the 38th version) and my contact was on-leave. However, they still got back to me by 10am this morning with a revised order form, which I signed on-line via Docusign.

The way I look at it is, if they can't be bothered to talk to you when you want to buy something, imagine what they'll be like if you have a problem with your car. I'd try a different OPC.

Perfectly helpful thank you,
I’ve sent the spec over to another OPC. I live where there are about 4 OPC’s in a 30-40 mile radius. Will try to avoid the same owners though!
Try Mark at Wolverhampton OPC, he sorted our build out early this year.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:19 pm
SAC1 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:17 pm The 8-way GTS seats are great. Comfortable on all trips, but with a enough side bolstering to grip you on fast B-roads. I much prefer these to both the14 and 18-way seats that I've experienced on extended test drives.
Also the standard seats with the Race Tex [previously Alcantara] seat centres are:
- Cooler in summer - less sticky than leather, especially when you first get in on a hot day
- Warmer in winter - no cold shock when you first get in to a sub 7C seat
- All year round - more grippy than leather in the bends
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
pmg

Post by pmg »

SAC1 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:03 pm
Also the standard seats with the Race Tex [previously Alcantara] seat centres are:
- Cooler in summer - less sticky than leather, especially when you first get in on a hot day
We may have to confuse him even more up introducing him to Nick Murry's Guide to Macan options and Nick's hatred of Alcantara. some think it does not wear well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfspLq3Z0sk

The issue for many with Standard s and GTS seats is no lumber support. As I have said many times as people are different sizes and shape best seat choice will always vary by individual and even the mix of possible drivers
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Deleted User 4436

pmg wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:41 pm
SAC1 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:03 pm

We may have to confuse him even more up introducing him to Nick Murry's Guide to Macan options and Nick's hatred of Alcantara. some think it does not wear well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfspLq3Z0sk

The issue for many with Standard s and GTS seats is no lumber support. As I have said many times as people are different sizes and shape best seat choice will always vary by individual and even the mix of possible drivers
Yeah, the lumbar support is the reason I wont get the 8 ways.

As for alcantera, I actually really like it. My son has a 30th Anniversary MX5 with Recaro's that have alcentara centres (its also on the dash etc) and my Aston had an Alcantera roof liner. But no lumbar adjustment, no go I'm afraid.

Turns out the test car I drove had the 14 way comfort seats and I really liked them. I'm popping down (over) to the OPC on Saturday to plonk my fat butt in both to see if I can squeeze my cheeks between the bolsters on the sports seats.