New gen Macan

All your ordering information here!
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

I would definitely check this when you order.

The guy was very clear about it and it does make sense but pls check for yourselves.

:-)

mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

PorscheMack wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:55 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:47 pm
PorscheMack wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:40 pm
How much did you finally stop at?
:D a lot less than you.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNMGCQW3
Must admit those 2 extra letters eg GT aren't cheap!! LOL. But it's about the same price as the outgoing Turbo before options so basically a bargain!!!
I specced the GTS with all (that were still left) the options I have on my Turbo and its just over £6K less ... :(
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
Alfanut

Post by Alfanut »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:41 pm Guys,

Check this to confirm but I had a conversation with the OPC today who said that the GTS comes with the lower air suspension as standard.

In the configurator there is an option for air suspension. He said if you tick that box you then dont get the lowered GTS air but the 'normal' height air that is available for the base and the S.

I hope that makes sense???

He said he had only just found this out. Just mentioned as some have put this on their car.
That makes perfect sense, thanks for posting. Similar has been done on other models previously (991 GTS for example) as not everyone wants or can live with the lower ride height.
2022 Macan GTS & 718 GT4.
Past: Macan S, Audi S4 B8 Avant / Alfa 147 Q2 Diesel / Alfa 147 2.0 Selespeed
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

As I've mentioned loads of times on this forum, the existing Macan I and II GTS cars were a nightmare with 21" wheels and steel suspension. While many (likely non-GTS owners) said their cars were okay with 21" wheels, bear in mind the GTS is lowered and that this exacerbates the issue. Less suspension travel means a less comfortable ride.

With the Macan III GTS I feel Porsche has decided the car needs 21" wheels for cosmetic reasons, and possibly public demand. However that presented them a performance issue. This is almost definitely why the car now comes with air suspension as standard; it's because steel suspension would be a nightmare. I also note that the new GTS does not appear to be as lowered as the existing models were. Again, this is to help resolve the comfort issue. Look at the press photos - the car sits quite high up compared to older GTSs.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
hood69

Post by hood69 »

I've got the GTS on 21 inch wheels with non-air and it rides fine to me.
Maybe I'm used to stiff suspension but not an issue.
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Another one here for fine ride on 21s with steel. FAR from a nightmare
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

bennachie wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:39 pm Another one here for fine ride on 21s with steel. FAR from a nightmare
I had a macan s loaner on 21’s with Air and in every setting it was stiffer and slightly less comfortable than my S on steel and 20” wheels but no way would I say it was bad, and certainly not a nightmare.