Opinions sought re Gen 3 S V GTS

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

That mini sounds epic btw. I get my adrenalin rush from a Triumph Street Triple that you have to hang on to for dear life at certain speeds!

Would love an Aston too one day!

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:23 pm That mini sounds epic btw. I get my adrenalin rush from a Triumph Street Triple that you have to hang on to for dear life at certain speeds!

Would love an Aston too one day!
Very nearly bought a Ducatti but after spending 3 years driving round the M25 to Heathrow on a GSF650 I decided I’d had a few too many near death experiences.
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

id still go for the new GTS over the S
I look at is as a discount against the old turbo as opposed to the price difference between the GTS and the S - which to be honest remains the same as with gen 2 (i.e. around 9k)
Both great cars though
Deleted User 4325

Looks like this will be the car.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNQPY7E9
Deleted User 4325

Though I might revert to the original wheels and buy some winter tyres on a set similar to the 21 GT????????
pmg

Post by pmg »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:03 pm Though I might revert to the original wheels and buy some winter tyres on a set similar to the 21 GT????????
I would be surprised if winters become available in 21's.19's due to being narrower arebetter bet for winters anyway
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Deleted User 4325

Ah! Good point!
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

When I spec the GTS and the S for the things I need on both cars the difference is £4.5k.
If I then consider that for that £4.5k with the GTS I’m getting:

I) A faster more powerful car - let’s be honest we are buying sporty SUVs and the extra power is nice to have

2) A better sportier drive with the reworked air suspension specifically calibrated for the GTS. If you are buying a SUV for comfort then not sure the macan is the best choice, I drive mine in a spirited way let’s just say

3) The PSCB brakes are actually a £2K extra and standard on the GTS and I never added that to the spec I made for the S - and so the £4.5k is now down to £2.5k more for the GTS. That being said I’d probably not spec the PSCB brakes, but certainly nice nice to have bigger brakes and ones that don’t rust as much.

So for me personally and for the spec I want in the car it has to be the GTS given the price diff is small for the things I’m getting.

It’s also the last petrol Macan GTS they will make, so I’d say great from a resale perspective later on as well.

The front bumper is a bit much with the plastic but with jet black metallic (the colour I’m getting) it will blend in, it’s also available with the front grill painted in black gloss.

I think in person it will look better as well, as it gives the car more width and presence.
Deleted User 4325

It blends in with the dark colours but looks like a feeding guppy with any lighter ones!

And now with the python special having black painted S type lower panels!

I'm going to shut my eyes smash the keyboard and then press send and see what car they send me in a few months!! (Only kidding!)

:-)
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Do dealers actually refer to this updated model as Gen 3 or is that just what the rest of us call it?
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose