So what next...... ??

The place to discuss everything else..
TD444

Post by TD444 »

MCDK wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:24 pm The Urban Automotive upgrades make the new Defender look pretty good. There is a local dealer for the Urban kit in Ballymoney and some of the stuff he is putting out looks good.

Or go all environmentally friendly and go electric like I have done. Not many 7 seater options though except perhaps Tesla Model X
Saw those also - dont want to go too mad on one but some additions do look good....
Not interested in electric just yet - I am doing a 250 mile journey this evening so range can be an issue and where i live, i am struggling to recall where if any charging stations are available locally.... :(
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHN2UAS9
Order Date 16 Nov - Expected delivery ~April / May 2016
Collected Tue 3rd May

mcnallys

Post by mcnallys »

MCDK wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:24 pm The Urban Automotive upgrades make the new Defender look pretty good. There is a local dealer for the Urban kit in Ballymoney and some of the stuff he is putting out looks good.

Or go all environmentally friendly and go electric like I have done. Not many 7 seater options though except perhaps Tesla Model X
:roll:
Yes, they very smart - I know the guy Richard. Would love a 110 defender - my wife wouldn’t drive it.

He says the one to get is a D300 :shock:

They do a seven seater!
2016 Macan GTS - Volcano Grey and a few extras (SOLD)
2020 992s - Crayon and a few extra, extras
2022 Land Rover Defender 110 D300 HSE X-Dynamic Black, 7 seats and a load of extras

992s Code - http://www.porsche-code.com/PLXDLWK3
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

My wife most definitely would drive a new Defender as she often points them out now when we see one. Huge things though in the 110 version.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

^^^^ Yes, my wife's the same, very keen to get her hands on our 90, which is a bigger version of our Yeti I guess. The LR is scheduled to arrive anytime between now and next March....... :(
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
TD444

Post by TD444 »

Lol - just when i see replies to my old post - we finally pulled the trigger yesterday and placed a deposit on a Defender 110 (with 7 seats) - downside to all this is looking like a yes wait for it........................1 year wait.... :O

We have driven one and a Disco back to back - for our needs the Defender was the way to go - I did look around the alternatives and was left with a X5 or GLE... both longish lead times but with many on the road already and going against why we sold the Macan and when Defender is the robustness inside with 2 young kids for the next few years - they can just take a battering and you wouldn't know...

My neighbour beside me is flat out putting kits on Defenders currently - you probably see them on all the NI based competition sites - there will be a grey 110 kitted going up soon... BTW some of the kit prices are not cheap... :)

Anyway - something to look forward to now - just that the missues isnt happy with the 15 year old run around we bought, thinking it was for a few months that is likely to be longer now.... :D
Collected Tue 3rd May
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Just enter the competition Terry and your wife could be driving a new car next week!
TD444

Post by TD444 »

MCDK wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:52 am Just enter the competition Terry and your wife could be driving a new car next week!
Ha ha - i would have to buy all the tickets to be sure of winning - better luck on the Euromillions then i wont care about the price.... :D
Collected Tue 3rd May
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

As a former owner of a Range Rover Sport, I wouldn't be seen dean in any JLR product even if it was free. Check out YouTube and the countless complaints, albeit from Yanks, about the 'new' defender. The ads show a lifestyle only lived by 0.00000001% of Defender owners. They look as if a child has drawn the design. Even my Land Rover nut neighbour dislikes them. His Discovery was an 'iscovery' for some weeks as the D fell off and JLR wouldn't sell him a 'D'. The things are unreliable and of shoddy build quality. Any engine issues mean the whole body has to come off at a cost over £10k. Still, each to their own. Very trendy though, like beards.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
mcnallys

Post by mcnallys »

TD444 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:44 am Lol - just when i see replies to my old post - we finally pulled the trigger yesterday and placed a deposit on a Defender 110 (with 7 seats) - downside to all this is looking like a yes wait for it........................1 year wait.... :O

We have driven one and a Disco back to back - for our needs the Defender was the way to go - I did look around the alternatives and was left with a X5 or GLE... both longish lead times but with many on the road already and going against why we sold the Macan and when Defender is the robustness inside with 2 young kids for the next few years - they can just take a battering and you wouldn't know...

My neighbour beside me is flat out putting kits on Defenders currently - you probably see them on all the NI based competition sites - there will be a grey 110 kitted going up soon... BTW some of the kit prices are not cheap... :)

Great news, I may also be leaning this way. Are these Urban kits by any chance? lol

Anyway - something to look forward to now - just that the missues isnt happy with the 15 year old run around we bought, thinking it was for a few months that is likely to be longer now.... :D
2022 Land Rover Defender 110 D300 HSE X-Dynamic Black, 7 seats and a load of extras

mcnallys

Post by mcnallys »

TD444 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:44 am Lol - just when i see replies to my old post - we finally pulled the trigger yesterday and placed a deposit on a Defender 110 (with 7 seats) - downside to all this is looking like a yes wait for it........................1 year wait.... :O

Great news, I may also be leaning this way. Are these Urban kits by any chance? lol