New Land Rover Defender

The place to discuss everything else..
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Defender3.jpg

Carpathian grey looks great IMHO. Decent turn of speed with the 300bhp engine and easily getting mid 30s MPG which I'm pleased with
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

noice. My son bought me one for father’s day……….I just need to put all the lego bricks together.

I’m a bit of a defender fan boy.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Rab J wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:57 pm Defender3.jpg

Carpathian grey looks great IMHO. Decent turn of speed with the 300bhp engine and easily getting mid 30s MPG which I'm pleased with
Looks really nice Rab! Congratulations! Which version is it? How long from order to delivery? I ordered my 90 V8 on 4 August. Best estimate for delivery now is March but even that might be optimistic and there’s talk now about options being downgraded or unavailable for some customers.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:23 pm
Rab J wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:57 pm Defender3.jpg

Looks really nice Rab! Congratulations! Which version is it? How long from order to delivery? I ordered my 90 V8 on 4 August. Best estimate for delivery now is March but even that might be optimistic and there’s talk now about options being downgraded or unavailable for some customers.
Hi Nick, its a D300HSE X dynamic, not many extras as larger screen, off road tyres and a tow bar. I ordered early April and took delivery mid July. I think I was lucky, as I bagged the dealerships first of this particular model. The order form said, launch car, so thats maybe why it came so quickly. They're now quoting at least a year or more for an order today. The day I took the photo a guy was picking up a Black 90 V8. Looked and sounded very special indeed.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Looks great, Rab! Congrats! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Deleted User 4436

You see, the problem is, now I want one of those too……
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Was hearing recently of someone who has one on order to come in a few weeks that it won’t come with the electronic dash as it should. Their choice was either take this one in a few weeks or order another for over 12 months wait which should come with the better dash.
Deleted User 4436

Keep hearing people who have heard that Macans are coming off the production line with missing suspension parts and people are being told to take them without the PASM. Thing is I only hear this on forums, not of the internet, not on news sites. When this happens to someone I actually know or is reported in the actual news the I’ll pay it little credence.
Last edited by Deleted User 4436 on Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:59 pm Keep hearing people who have heard that Macans are coming off the production line with missing suspension parts and people are being told to take them without the PASM. Thing is I only hear this on forums, not of the internet, not on news sites. When this happens to someone I actually know or is reported in the actual news the I’ll pay it a little credence. Incidentally, the new Landy is brand new, there was never a version with an analogue dash, so what were they putting in the hole where the digital one went?
A part analogue dash has been standard lower down the range since launch with full digital dash being optional. Higher spec models have the digital dash as standard and, so far, I believe those models aren’t affected but that could change of course. I’ve seen photos of the analogue dials in the lower spec dash and it looks ok, but of course customers who’ve ordered the digital dash option are none too happy at the moment.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Deleted User 4436

Nuclear Nick wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:13 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:59 pm Keep hearing people who have heard that Macans are coming off the production line with missing suspension parts and people are being told to take them without the PASM. Thing is I only hear this on forums, not of the internet, not on news sites. When this happens to someone I actually know or is reported in the actual news the I’ll pay it a little credence. Incidentally, the new Landy is brand new, there was never a version with an analogue dash, so what were they putting in the hole where the digital one went?
A part analogue dash has been standard lower down the range since launch with full digital dash being optional. Higher spec models have the digital dash as standard and, so far, I believe those models aren’t affected but that could change of course. I’ve seen photos of the analogue dials in the lower spec dash and it looks ok, but of course customers who’ve ordered the digital dash option are none too happy at the moment.
Yep, I’ve updated my original post as you’re correct, the base model has an analog dash. I’ll do some googling and see if any news sources are reporting this happening with Landy.