Porsche slow to BEV Macan

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I'm enjoying it today, don't give a damn about residuals (although it was one thing that helped selection over a Jag, as was 3ltr/354bhp :D ) I can't take it with me and the kids enjoy the Macan too.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Neil1911 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:57 am I'm enjoying it today, don't give a damn about residuals (although it was one thing that helped selection over a Jag, as was 3ltr/354bhp :D ) I can't take it with me and the kids enjoy the Macan too.
totally agree, I’m not interested in residuals either ( mentioned this before ) but there was a comment about the ICE Macan being worth more second hand when EV cars take over. I just don’t believe that to be the case.

I’ve put down an order on and ICE macan becuse, for me, EV just doesn’t quite work yet, mainly because of price, range and charging infrastructure ( trust me, they can be ubelievably good fun to drive). It will definitely work for others. I have a friend that has just bought an electric mini, which for me would be a terrible idea but works well for him. They have a drive with the house’s fuse box in, so adding a charger will be easy. They have 2 cars so will only use the EV for shopping trips, or visiting the parents etc. So for them the fact that the EV mini only has a range of about 300 yards isn’t an issue. For me it would be. So there are use cases where it definitely works now, but I believe there are more where it doesn’t than where it does.

For now I drive an ICE car, and have orderd another one despite having test driven a number of EV’s. Eventually, like wearing seat belts and using unleaded petrol, none of will really have a choice. And that will absolutely make ICE cars unsaleable, but that’s a way off yet, so smoke em’ whilst you got ‘em.
Deleted User 4436

Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Whilst ICE cars will be phased out petrol will still be available, albeit probably at a ridiculous price, or there will be alternatives, look at the Porsche/Siemens project in Chile.

70% of all Porsches ever made are still on the road and Porsche will want to keep them there as there will always be money to be made from spares/servicing etc.

Certain vehicles will definitely hold their value or possibly increase. One of the reasons I bought a GTS. Think about all the Astons, Ferraris, Lambos etc left alone plain models kept and cherished???

Enthusiasts will always be out there wanting them.

My petrol head kids are already queuing up for the Macan!!!! :-)
Deleted User 4436

Nelladrahcir wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:44 am Whilst ICE cars will be phased out petrol will still be available, albeit probably at a ridiculous price, or there will be alternatives, look at the Porsche/Siemens project in Chile.

70% of all Porsches ever made are still on the road and Porsche will want to keep them there as there will always be money to be made from spares/servicing etc.
I disagree. Eventually all car manufacturers will be shamed into not supporting their ICE roots. ICE cars will almost definitely be banned from city centres or any large conurbations. Petrol stations will be replaced by EV charging stations. You can no longer buy leaded petrol anywhere on the planet. The same will be true of unleaded for ICE cars eventually. Even events like Goodwood holds will eventually be seen as unacceptable in a modern clean world. It wont be tomorrow but it will start getting more expensive from tomorrow ( relatively speaking ) and then more difficult. We all need to accept ICE has had its day in the sun and now the new boy is slowly but surely taking over.
pmg

Post by pmg »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:44 am Whilst ICE cars will be phased out petrol will still be available, albeit probably at a ridiculous price, or there will be alternatives, look at the Porsche/Siemens project in Chile.

Whilst petrol may be available somewhere, some in the press are arguing at the amount sold will fall and petrol stations need a certain throughput to be profitable. The number of petrol stations will fall. The more marginal stations are already in rural areas like the Highlands and MId Wales and ICE use in such areas will become increasingly difficult. so no driving the NC500 in an ICE :cry: :cry:
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Deleted User 4436

pmg wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:04 am

Whilst petrol may be available somewhere, some in the press are arguing at the amount sold will fall and petrol stations need a certain throughput to be profitable. The number of petrol stations will fall. The more marginal stations are already in rural areas like the Highlands and MId Wales and ICE use in such areas will become increasingly difficult. so no driving the NC500 in an ICE :cry: :cry:
totally agree.
pmg

Post by pmg »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:08 am
pmg wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:04 am

totally agree.
and I should have added fitting the 75-litre tank even more essential ;) ;)
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

I live in Surrey and having worked and driven work cars in London all my life would not dream of driving my own car into London tbh so I guess Iwouldn't be worried about that.

I also only do 4-5k private miles a year so my ICE would only be for occasional jollys anyway.

I really do not know how rural areas will survive without ICE vehicles unless EV gets significantly better!!!! Warming up an EV up north or in Scotland must be a worry?

Our poor grandchildren. What fun they will miss!
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:06 pm
I really do not know how rural areas will survive without ICE vehicles unless EV gets significantly better!!!! Warming up an EV up north or in Scotland must be a worry?

Our poor grandchildren. What fun they will miss!
When you live in a cardboard box and central heating is just a pipe dream, who needs heating in a car? That's just in Sheffield, when you get to Newcastle, they keep the car windows open all year round, the few that still have glass in them. Eeee we breed 'em tough up North! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP