UK Motoring Press Review

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
pmg

Post by pmg »

Rarecolour wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:04 pm
Tracky wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:23 pm
pmg wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:47 am

They seem to like torque vectoring which a lot on here say is a waste of time!! Certainly, they are not keen on interior and make the point others now equal the performance which was probably not true when the original Turbo PP came out. However, they give it 4.5 out of 5 probably because cars like BMW X4M do not ride or handle anything like half as well.
Well I bet 90% of Macan drivers wouldn’t know if they had ptv or not

I’ve never felt the need for it on the road and I driver ours hard
From the research I did before ordering ours, it's pretty pointless on a 4wd car.
Motor trend seem to like it on the Rivian ;_

"R1T Review

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2...-drive-review/

"We were enjoying the Rivian plenty through twists and turns when we engaged in an experiment of sorts: We activated Sport mode, pushed hard enough into a sharp bend to provoke a little understeer, and then nailed the throttle. We felt the R1T's torque-vectoring superpowers at work: The outside-rear motor powered up and brought the R1T's nose around, and we blasted out of the turn like the Millennium Falcon—and this with four occupants in the cab, several hundred pounds of gear in the bed, and all-terrain tires. It's a sensation we've experienced in only a handful of cars, and never in a heavily laden pickup truck."

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2...terior-review/
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

this is a good review. Found this bit especially interesting:

The air suspension of the Macan GTS is significantly firmer, and altogether less forgiving on patchworked roads. The big contact patches of its low profile also tend to generate quite a lot of road noise, making it quite wearing to drive over longer distances.

on the whole the whole though its very positive

https://www.drive.com.au/reviews/2022-p ... rst-drive/
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:16 pm this is a good review. Found this bit especially interesting:

The air suspension of the Macan GTS is significantly firmer, and altogether less forgiving on patchworked roads. The big contact patches of its low profile also tend to generate quite a lot of road noise, making it quite wearing to drive over longer distances.

For someone who ordered an S model, your always very quick to comment on the air suspension of the GTS :) lol

Spoke to 4 guys who drove the new GTS, all said suspension was awesome even on rough patches. So I guess it’s just subjective. Some will like others will not, some fill find it too firm others won’t etc
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:16 pm this is a good review. Found this bit especially interesting:

Is that with the suspension in sport /sport+?
If yes, then that's fine, you can put it into normal for the bad roads.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

I work on the principal(correctly or not) that as Porsche provide press/demo cars almost all with air suspension irrespective of Macan model they consider it to be the best ride option for a Macan - this is me doing 1+1=2 and not considering from porsches perspective 1+1=$ :)
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

I think that 1 + 1 = 💰 ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Deleted User 4436

Seems press cars have made it to the US, which is a bit ironic considering they aren’t actually available over there until next spring, and yet still no press from the UK ( although this is a little light on facts ):

Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:54 pm Seems press cars have made it to the US, which is a bit ironic considering they aren’t actually available over there until next spring, and yet still no press from the UK ( although this is a little light on facts ):

Think the thread called "US reviews" a few weeks back gave the game away they they have press cars over there ;)
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

I have air suspension on my 'S' and it is more comfortable than the steel sprung 'S' I had previously. not by a huge margin but better. There is a road close to me that would challenge a RR Phantom and the air has made it less uncomfortable than the none-air. Others may disagree which is their prerogative and the motoring press are not as expert as they claim to be in my view.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
Deleted User 4436