Python GTS

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Wing Commander wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:21 pm
Neil1911 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:46 pm Go for it! Too many damned grey Macans on the road.

...says the man with a grey Macan, with tongue in cheek ;)
I feel that gives me the right to say so! If I'd known then what I know now I'd be using the handle "Rarecolour II". 😁
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP

Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Flat paints are really difficult, they usually look their best on low sports cars (imo) . Would love to see a Python green Macan next to mine and see how it looks (some would say better possibly) , I personally think Mamba looks great cause it's Metallic.
Python and Lava look stuuuuuuuuning on 911s.

Be good if there was a Python green car at PEC next month so I could get a comparison photo.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Rarecolour wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:46 am Flat paints are really difficult, they usually look their best on low sports cars (imo).

Be good if there was a Python green car at PEC next month so I could get a comparison photo.
1. ‘I agree’ says me, with flat Racing Yellow on my lowered 911. :D

2. I would imagine there’s a decent chance of there being a Python car of some description lurking around at PEC somewhere. Or Silverstone OPC. I’d certainly ask them. :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Rarecolour wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:46 am Flat paints are really difficult, they usually look their best on low sports cars (imo) . Would love to see a Python green Macan next to mine and see how it looks (some would say better possibly) , I personally think Mamba looks great cause it's Metallic.
Python and Lava look stuuuuuuuuning on 911s.

And I think that is my point. Yours looks classy being metallic whereas the flats look racy…
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

If having an catching colour is going to result in a significant hit at resale time why not have a colour that will last the test of time and get the car wrapped?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
hood69

Post by hood69 »

I agree that the mamba green was an absolute stunner for me though again I'm not brave enough to pick for ease of resale.
Python looks good too but just prefer mamba.
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:44 am If having an catching colour is going to result in a significant hit at resale time why not have a colour that will last the test of time and get the car wrapped?
It only takes 1 person to want the car you're selling and its sold!
You could always play on it being rare and price it higher than other colours. Time will tell I guess.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
keelolo

Post by keelolo »

I thought it looked it bit rubbish on the configurator but this video of it is made me think -- ooh, that is nice and different!

https://youtu.be/AhJsjMd7VbY

It's an eye watering amount of money though - not sure I could bring myself to splurge that much on it
2017MY GTS - Gone
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Thanks fellas. Nice posts and thoughts. Still no one else has admitted ordering one yet though?!?!

I spoke with a local very well known dealer and they said they would have no trouble selling it at anytime due to its rarity.

First world problems eh!!
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Rarecolour wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:50 am
Col Lamb wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:44 am If having an catching colour is going to result in a significant hit at resale time why not have a colour that will last the test of time and get the car wrapped?
It only takes 1 person to want the car you're selling and its sold!
You could always play on it being rare and price it higher than other colours. Time will tell I guess.
There were no sensible offers for my reasonably priced black turbo hence a Mambo Green or other exotic is likely to attract even less interest.

There was a Mambo Green Macan in my OPC a few years ago and the Sales Guy said it was a brave choice as the trade in offer would likely be £5k below a sensible coloured Macan as second owner buyers are very few and far between unless of course the car is a special version.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags