Porsche Ordering System

All your ordering information here!
jharrower

Post by jharrower »

I’m hoping to become a first-time Porsche Macan owner, in the near-future (deposit and order placed 3 Aug 21). My hope is that my patience lasts longer than the delivery date.

Does anyone know anything authoritative about the systems Porsche use for order tracking; build slots, allocations etc?

I have been told, verbally, by the SE that I had been given a Dec 21 build slot, which came up due to a cancellation. To me that means it should be at least built in Dec 21. Having further asked about when my config will be locked, I’m told that the OPC can’t say when or even what allocation they are being given.

I have, like others, asked for screenshots etc but told they don’t provide them.

What should be my smart questions to ask to get some sort of ground truth from the SE/OPC?

Any pointers welcome. 😊

Nick the Greek

Post by Nick the Greek »

jharrower wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:39 pm I’m hoping to become a first-time Porsche Macan owner, in the near-future (deposit and order placed 3 Aug 21). My hope is that my patience lasts longer than the delivery date.

Does anyone know anything authoritative about the systems Porsche use for order tracking; build slots, allocations etc?

I have been told, verbally, by the SE that I had been given a Dec 21 build slot, which came up due to a cancellation. To me that means it should be at least built in Dec 21. Having further asked about when my config will be locked, I’m told that the OPC can’t say when or even what allocation they are being given.

I have, like others, asked for screenshots etc but told they don’t provide them.

What should be my smart questions to ask to get some sort of ground truth from the SE/OPC?

Any pointers welcome. 😊

When you sign up and pay your deposit, write 'Time is of the essence' by your signature.
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

jharrower wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:39 pm I’m hoping to become a first-time Porsche Macan owner, in the near-future (deposit and order placed 3 Aug 21). My hope is that my patience lasts longer than the delivery date.

Any pointers welcome. 😊
You could go into the OPC and ask them to show you the screen if they wont screen shot it for you. If they refuse to do that it may be worth asking the sales manager why they seem to be being quite so shifty with your money. If that fails go to an OPC that will act responsibly with your money and have a word with Porsche HQ ( and Trustpilot ) about the one that wouldn’t
jharrower

Post by jharrower »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:04 pm

Any pointers welcome. 😊
You could go into the OPC and ask them to show you the screen if they wont screen shot it for you. If they refuse to do that it may be worth asking the sales manager why they seem to be being quite so shifty with your money. If that fails go to an OPC that will act responsibly with your money and have a word with Porsche HQ ( and Trustpilot ) about the one that wouldn’t
I’ll give them a bit of time, but your advice might be worth taking up. Thanks.
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

I guess the question is what have others received when they have signed their paperwork/put the deposit down. What should you get once your build slot is confirmed, when it goes v210 etc ? When should you get a myporsche login ?
jharrower

Post by jharrower »

BanZ wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:16 pm I guess the question is what have others received when they have signed their paperwork/put the deposit down. What should you get once your build slot is confirmed, when it goes v210 etc ? When should you get a myporsche login ?
True. Got any answers from your own experience?
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Seems each OPC is different. I paid my deposit in April, got all the confirmation paperwork but still know Jack about lock or build dates!
I've bought loads of cars over the years and have never experienced this disorder, I'm hoping it's just given the current climate re semi conductors and floods.
I'd take it all with a pinch of salt whatever is said until the flipping thing arrives on your drive!!!!
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

If your build date is actual and not some SE BS then your latest Spec lockdown should be c9 th November.

OPC will probably want it asap so ask them what is the latest date.

Also I would tell the OPC you want to try a Macan say with torque vectoring and ceramic brakes at the PEC prior to spec lockdown, this may result in an earlier invite there.

Once built and in the factory compound the time taken to transport the car to your OPC will be in the range 7 to 28 days.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Spud

Post by Spud »

Reminds me so much of the early days for us Macan Buccaneers, when the car was launched in 2014 we all paid our deposits without having physically seen the car, we had a 3D vision box in the showrooms, even though we gave our spec there wasn’t a guarantee we would get what we wanted, the dealers did not know what they were going to be allocated, Petrol, Diesel , S or Turbo models, then we had a great time playing eye spy, every time anyone saw one it was noted on the Forum, I remember being in Portugal and spotting one in a car park, was excited to look it over, great times happy days 😉,
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

As the song says "Relax; Just do it" :? :roll:
Have faith your shinny new Macan will eventually materialise, as its in everyones interest that it does. :D
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver