Order Placed

All your ordering information here!
New User

Post by New User »

Looks like ACC needs its own thread! I have specced it for the same reason as many above: only way to get active safety plus occasionally useful in cruise mode.

On the subject of active safety my background is in aviation and my teams have been responsible for many of the critical safety functions for the aircraft that you and your families fly in (and who knows some of you may drive in your day job ;) ). I had lots of exposure to highly skilled pilots and test pilots but no matter the skill level there was wide agreement that the data supported the case for the active safety measures. The problem is more around the dependency these systems can create and what happens when they go into degraded mode due to conditions outside their design limits. At this point (and I simplify) it is a mental capacity and processing problem more than a skill/muscle reflex problem.

If there is active safety on offer and the data supports it then it is wise to take it, irrespective of your skill level.

jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

ACC is a brilliant option, works really well.
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

On-Track wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:28 pm
Certainly the Emergency Automatic Braking part of PAS would help in the roundabout situation.
And may well have also helped in the other accidents.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

Can somebody please tell me how ACC could stop me getting 3 points? I have an accelerator and brake to stop me, oh yes and observation skills. :D
ACC is something I have never used despite having it in the past. Waste of money for me.
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

Sweetmeister wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:12 pm Can somebody please tell me how ACC could stop me getting 3 points? I have an accelerator and brake to stop me, oh yes and observation skills. :D
ACC is something I have never used despite having it in the past. Waste of money for me.

Oh it won’t stop you getting points on your license - unless you meticulously set it to the speed limits at all times.

But the automatic braking features might just help to protect you and your passengers from collision, injury or worse.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
Jim S

Post by Jim S »

Sweetmeister wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:12 pm Can somebody please tell me how ACC could stop me getting 3 points? I have an accelerator and brake to stop me, oh yes and observation skills. :D
I really do like to push on in the right circumstances but I absolutely wouldn’t have a car without ACC after using it for the last ten years in my Audi S4. Set it to the speed you want to go at then it controls as cars speed up and slow down. It’s not perfect but it will help keep your licence clean if you let it, especially in everyday driving and in built up areas at 30/40 mph.

A must in my order for Gen3 GTS.
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Jim S wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:39 pm
I really do like to push on in the right circumstances but I absolutely wouldn’t have a car without ACC after using it for the last ten years in my Audi S4. Set it to the speed you want to go at then it controls as cars speed up and slow down. It’s not perfect but it will help keep your licence clean if you let it, especially in everyday driving and in built up areas at 30/40 mph.

+1
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

Jim S wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:39 pm

Normal cruise control does what you describe but when I touch the brake I just have to press the button again!
ACC won’t see a cop stood with a laser gun nearly a mile away, and when you do,it’s already too late.
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
Jim S

Post by Jim S »

[/quote]

Normal cruise control does what you describe but when I touch the brake I just have to press the button again!
ACC won’t see a cop stood with a laser gun nearly a mile away, and when you do,it’s already too late.
[/quote]

Normal cruise is almost a waste of time compared ACC. To avoid getting caught set it at 75 in a 70, 64 in a 60 and any others on the exact speed limit.

ACC in a 20, 30 & 40 limit is great once you get used to it.

Nothing can react quick enough to avoid a laser at 1000m, especially the ones that can operate in the pitch black, went through one of those a couple of weeks ago at 75 with ACC on.

Jim
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Jim S wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:08 pm
Normal cruise is almost a waste of time compared ACC. To avoid getting caught set it at 75 in a 70, 64 in a 60 and any others on the exact speed limit.

ACC in a 20, 30 & 40 limit is great once you get used to it.

Nothing can react quick enough to avoid a laser at 1000m, especially the ones that can operate in the pitch black, went through one of those a couple of weeks ago at 75 with ACC on.

Jim
What did you do before ACC??? 🤔 If you just drive within the speed limits, then there’s no need for ANY type of cruise control!! 😏
Last edited by AllanG on Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon