2022 Macan Build Dates

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
jharrower

Post by jharrower »

BanZ wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:34 pm
jharrower wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:11 pm
BanZ wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:22 pm Mine finished being built last week, and I assume is now heading for the port. But I know a few people were ahead of me in the process and at least one person posted they were expecting to pick up their car last week. Hence hoping for some pics :D
Hi BanZ

What model have you ordered and when did you put your deposit down?
Mine is an S, with air and 8 way seats without memory package. I got a cancelled build slot so only put deposit down end of August/beginning September.
Thanks. I hope everything goes smoothly. 😊

There really is quite a noticeable difference in almost all aspects of the buying process at different OPCs, at the moment. My deposit went in early August and also got a cancelled build slot, apparently in December, however, the OPC can’t/won’t even tell me where I sit on their order book!!

Frustrated of Shropshire.

Winryn

Post by Winryn »

jharrower wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:00 pm

Hi BanZ

Mine is an S, with air and 8 way seats without memory package. I got a cancelled build slot so only put deposit down end of August/beginning September.

There really is quite a noticeable difference in almost all aspects of the buying process at different OPCs, at the moment. My deposit went in early August and also got a cancelled build slot, apparently in December, however, the OPC can’t/won’t even tell me where I sit on their order book!!

I’m also Shropshire. Originally ordered an s from Wolverhampton the end of august with a build slot for completion the 3rd week of November. Found them very good keeping me up to date tbh. Cancelled now however😂 so assume this bumped everyone else up the list
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Winryn wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:07 pm

I’m also Shropshire. Originally ordered an s from Wolverhampton the end of august with a build slot for completion the 3rd week of November. Found them very good keeping me up to date tbh. Cancelled now however😂 so assume this bumped everyone else up the list
Sadly I don’t think it works that way for a lot of opcs I suspect that they just give your cancelled slot to another customer rather than bumping everyone.
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Hi BanZ

Have they provided you a print out/screen shot of their ordering system showing the allocation number and your name against the allocation? If so there should be an estimated completion date against that(even if it doesn’t turn out to be accurate).
jharrower

Post by jharrower »

BanZ wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:18 pm

Have they provided you a print out/screen shot of their ordering system showing the allocation number and your name against the allocation? If so there should be an estimated completion date against that(even if it doesn’t turn out to be accurate).
They say they don’t provide/show screenshots! They have also said that they don't know their allocation as yet but, in the same breath, they say they have the biggest allocation in their group. I’m new to Porsche, but the customer experience, for me at least, not one I’d want to repeat. I wholly suspect it is down to the delays Porsche are suffering, but that shouldn’t impact on customer communication. Even to be told regularly that nothing has changed and no more information has been received would be a step in the right direction.

I expect your experience has been totally different?!

Sorry! I’d better get off my soap box!!
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

jharrower wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:29 pm

They say they don’t provide/show screenshots! They have also said that they don't know their allocation as yet but, in the same breath, they say they have the biggest allocation in their group. I’m new to Porsche, but the customer experience, for me at least, not one I’d want to repeat. I wholly suspect it is down to the delays Porsche are suffering, but that shouldn’t impact on customer communication. Even to be told regularly that nothing has changed and no more information has been received would be a step in the right direction.

My experience hasn’t been great either and I’ve had to chase for everything and have clearly had my calls screened out by my SE, so feel some of your pain.

I did read this forum and others though which has helped with what to ask for as this has been my first Porsche experience.

My OPC and many others give you screenshots of the Porsche ordering system which can then show you the allocation which is yours(and that they have an allocation). Once the build has been confirmed it should go to status v200 on their system. I suggest doing some research and asking your opc to provide you specific things which will make you feel happier about the process. Good luck!
Winryn

Post by Winryn »

Could I ask who the dealership is?

I had a completion date the end of August for November build so you’d expect a December build if you had one would have a completion date by now
jharrower

Post by jharrower »

Winryn wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:46 pm

I had a completion date the end of August for November build so you’d expect a December build if you had one would have a completion date by now
OPC is Wolverhampton.

I’ve agreed to have an update call on a Friday, so I may get something this week. At least I will have some pertinent/informed questions to ask, having read the comments in here.
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Winryn wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:46 pm

apologies as I know this isn’t strictly helpful but I put my order in in July and had a build date confirmed less than 2 weeks later ( for October ). I would go and have a face to face chat with them. If the SE isn’t helpful you can politely ask if the SM would be able to get any additional info. Failing all that there’s always the recourse of speaking to Porsche UK and seeing if they can tell you. I had an appalling experience buying my Aston from an Aston main dealer. In the end I contacted Aston Martin HQ directly and things got sorted out extremely quickly and with a lot more attention and care.
Winryn

Post by Winryn »

They say they don’t provide/show screenshots! They have also said that they don't know their allocation as yet but, in the same breath, they say they have the biggest allocation in their group.
I’m surprised at this comment about allocation however. I had to cancel and go with a different dealership as they had double the allocation Wolverhampton had so halved my GTS lead time. It was a different group though so maybe they are the biggest within stratstone?