Build allocations

All your ordering information here!
steve21288

Post by steve21288 »

Hello! Does anyone know how the build Porsche build allocation system works?

I ordered my car in July this year and targeted a 1st July 2022 delivery. At what point will a build date be allocated? If my OPC has a slot available sooner, will they be likely to have it built sooner?

Any insights would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

steve21288 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:26 pm Hello! Does anyone know how the build Porsche build allocation system works?

I ordered my car in July this year and targeted a 1st July 2022 delivery. At what point will a build date be allocated? If my OPC has a slot available sooner, will they be likely to have it built sooner?

Any insights would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
I’m assuming that’s a GTS?
steve21288

Post by steve21288 »

Yep. It was me that specified 1st July delivery date though.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Build allocations can vary in numbers.

When the gen 1 GTS was announced the orders went through the roof with up to 18 months being quoted and some OPC’s were reputed as not wanting to take orders due to the excessively long lead time

People often place a deposit then pull out and their slot becomes available.

I know it is a while ago but I was offered two builds prior to accepting one which was six months earlier than I expected. I only passed on the two offers as I wanted to try a specific configuration at the PEC before finalising my build. As it happens I let one of the members here know and he contacted the OPC where I had turned down the build and he got ownership his Macan two months later.

Hence have your spec ready to go and let the SE know that you are ready to confirm the order at short notice should a build become available.

Having a specific delivery date is wishful thinking as the time period from the factory compound to the OPC is variable between 7 and 28+ days. Porsche invoice the OPC shortly after the car has left the factory compound hence an OPC will not really want a £70+k car sat in their lot for longer than necessary.

There is also the issue of the all electric Macan probably being produced next year for press use and for showroons and for markets where lot cars are the norm so this may well also impact upon builds for the petrol variants
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

The allocation of build slots to OPCs is something of a black art. In this instance size does matter :D

Larger OPCs with greater throughput will get a greater number of build slots. In the case of the GTS a successful OPC might get one slot a month whereas others maybe only two or three a year. The first GTS allocations will go to the OPCs with the most sales. Even with a preferred date of July 2022, it might be worth ringing around a few OPCs to find one with an appropriate allocation.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

On-Track wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:30 am The allocation of build slots to OPCs is something of a black art. In this instance size does matter :D

Larger OPCs with greater throughput will get a greater number of build slots. In the case of the GTS a successful OPC might get one slot a month whereas others maybe only two or three a year. The first GTS allocations will go to the OPCs with the most sales. Even with a preferred date of July 2022, it might be worth ringing around a few OPCs to find one with an appropriate allocation.
Hey man,
There are 12 deposits in front of mine for a GTS. I really hope my OPC isn't in the 2/3 a year league!! But as they won't/can't give me any allocation details I'll just have to wait. Do OPC's get whole year allocation numbers in one hit or bit by bit?
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

When I ordered my Gen 2 GTS in March 2020, my SE (at Porsche Sutton Coldfield) showed me a screen with their allocation for the next six months. From that, we agreed a slot from the two that were free. That's where my one a month allocation figure came from. That's not to say they have the same allocation rate for Gen 3 GTS though.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Winryn

Post by Winryn »

I think you’ll find a big difference between dealerships. I rang almost all of them and the smallest said they expect 12 gts for the year. The bigger ones all expected from 3-6 a month and a few stated Porsche are making more gen 3 gts than previously due to demand being higher and the turbo going. So imagine what they previously got in gts and turbos there’ll now get all in gts
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Winryn wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:26 am I think you’ll find a big difference between dealerships. I rang almost all of them and the smallest said they expect 12 gts for the year. The bigger ones all expected from 3-6 a month and a few stated Porsche are making more gen 3 gts than previously due to demand being higher and the turbo going. So imagine what they previously got in gts and turbos there’ll now get all in gts
Not sure how big my OPC (Porsche East London) is didn't give size a thought when ordering just location. Hoping their nearer the 3-6 a month allocation though. Obvs 😊
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Winryn wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:26 am I think you’ll find a big difference between dealerships. I rang almost all of them and the smallest said they expect 12 gts for the year. The bigger ones all expected from 3-6 a month and a few stated Porsche are making more gen 3 gts than previously due to demand being higher and the turbo going. So imagine what they previously got in gts and turbos there’ll now get all in gts
More profit in a GTS as well. Makes sense to increase production of GTS .
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.