2022 Macan Build Dates

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
SB19AV

Post by SB19AV »

Hi all

Put my deposit down on a S in June. Had no news about final lock-in dates so phoned on Monday to see if could make a couple of changes and was told that my car was being built with an expected delivery of mid Nov.😁
Great news about the car being built but annoyed that I wasn't informed sooner as I would have made changes 😠. Should have pestered them more I guess!?
www.porsche-code.com/PNVF3FC8

SNSporsche

Post by SNSporsche »

Quick update after a bit of followup, my car was completed as per plan on 21st Sep and already in UK arriving at dealership tomorrow. Hopefully not long to go now... bracing myself for the insurance hurdle now.
Ftb

Post by Ftb »

On the insurance hurdle do you know any companies
Now able to insure the new Macan S
PMS888

Post by PMS888 »

Ftb wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:55 am On the insurance hurdle do you know any companies
Congratulations, nice to hear cars are coming through now. Read the 'Gen 3 insurance' thread on this forum. I'm with LV and they've insured me (read my entry). The car isn't officially on the system with all the insurance companies but can insure you on a case by case basis. Speak to your current provider first.
Last edited by PMS888 on Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Ftb wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:55 am On the insurance hurdle do you know any companies
Apparently Admiral will if you phone them up and explain the situation. This hasn't been my experience with Admiral, I got a firm no, but its definitely worked for others so I'll have to give it another go once I have a delivery date. As mine is due to be built on the 24th Oct, so likely to be delivered by early to mid Nov I am hopeful some insurance companies will have noticed its existence by then.

Don't forget I don't have a car yet so I'm just asking for quotes. It may help if you have a reg number on a car already.
MacanSman

Post by MacanSman »

So my SE has just emailed me to say that my build for my S has been brought forward to this Friday!! Very happy chap. :D
Ftb

Post by Ftb »

Congrats on build date my S has the same build date
So 🤞on delivery early to mid November
PMS888

Post by PMS888 »

MacanSman wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:41 pm So my SE has just emailed me to say that my build for my S has been brought forward to this Friday!! Very happy chap. :D
Great news, I take it was too late to make any changes?
Deleted User 4436

MacanSman wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:41 pm So my SE has just emailed me to say that my build for my S has been brought forward to this Friday!! Very happy chap. :D
Fantastic news! Congratulations. When was the original build date and remind me again (because I am old and forget....well, pretty much everything if I'm honest) did you have any of the claimed dodgy parts like Air Suspension?
Deleted User 4436

I’m not at all jealous:

95020252-9AD5-455A-9D03-020775583C4E.jpeg