I SAW A GEN3 TODAY

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:08 pm Must say, separation between now and my last test drive several months ago, and the cash I’ve already put down and all the bad news stories etc were really making me begin to doubt the wisdom of buying a Macan at the moment. Driving a Gen 3 today really made me remember why I put the deposit down in the first place.

I’ll also say that the car I test drove originally had air, and the one I drove today didn’t and for me I preferred the ride without it. The air had an element of waft that I felt disconnected my feeling with the road and made me feel a little unwell. Having now driven one on 21” wheels without air I must say I personally found it gave me much more the drive I wanted. Other opinions are available, of course.

Yep, happy bunny right now. Just need the darn thing to turn up and to be able to insure it!
Good idea to have another drive.

Many can’t feel the floatiness in the air suspension while some do feel ill. I could feel it, particularly on the motorway, but it’s easily dealt with by selecting the sport setting on the suspension. Mine was almost permanently in this setting and also lowered. There was no floaty feeling under any conditions while the air suspension dealt with everything UK roads and stupid councils could throw at it. Mine had 20” wheels which helped.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:01 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:08 pm Must say, separation between now and my last test drive several months ago, and the cash I’ve already put down and all the bad news stories etc were really making me begin to doubt the wisdom of buying a Macan at the moment. Driving a Gen 3 today really made me remember why I put the deposit down in the first place.

I’ll also say that the car I test drove originally had air, and the one I drove today didn’t and for me I preferred the ride without it. The air had an element of waft that I felt disconnected my feeling with the road and made me feel a little unwell. Having now driven one on 21” wheels without air I must say I personally found it gave me much more the drive I wanted. Other opinions are available, of course.

Yep, happy bunny right now. Just need the darn thing to turn up and to be able to insure it!

Many can’t feel the floatiness in the air suspension while some do feel ill. I could feel it, particularly on the motorway, but it’s easily dealt with by selecting the sport setting on the suspension. Mine was almost permanently in this setting and also lowered. There was no floaty feeling under any conditions while the air suspension dealt with everything UK roads and stupid councils could throw at it. Mine had 20” wheels which helped.
The fact that there are a lot of things you can setup/change actually make it quite difficult to get it right in a short test drive. Although I “think” it may have been air that made me feel slightly unwell, the sudden disappearance of large sums of money from my bank account may have been equally responsible for that sensation. I have no doubt that you are right about air and the fact that if its set right it can make a massive difference. If I knew air was going to be available and wouldn’t have delayed the delivery of the car there’s a very good chance I would have ordered it, but I’m ok that I didn’t and found the ride extremely good without it.
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

That’s exactly how I felt about the air suspension. Didn’t feel good for me,even when in sport it still felt floaty.Ticked off my spec list. :D
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:10 pm
Nuclear Nick wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:01 pm

The fact that there are a lot of things you can setup/change actually make it quite difficult to get it right in a short test drive. Although I “think” it may have been air that made me feel slightly unwell, the sudden disappearance of large sums of money from my bank account may have been equally responsible for that sensation. I have no doubt that you are right about air and the fact that if its set right it can make a massive difference. If I knew air was going to be available and wouldn’t have delayed the delivery of the car there’s a very good chance I would have ordered it, but I’m ok that I didn’t and found the ride extremely good without it.
Still waiting to find out if air has actually caused any delays, I’ll be able to let you know next Friday!
Deleted User 4436

Erm…..

F004ACC0-2766-4CC8-8B45-900FF3B830D1.jpeg

EDZ

Post by EDZ »

I'm sure there will be a few like this in years to come, as and when prices are low enough for all the boy racers, but there are a few out there that would now. just not my cup of tea,

Current Macan S VGrey

GTS on order: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNFS3R13
Maserati Grecale Trofeo (Primaserie) Collected April 2023
Macan Gen 3 GTS on order: Cancalled April 2023
Macan 2019 GTS Black. (On loan to son in law)
Mini Cooper S (Local run about)
Macan 2016 S D V/Grey (sold)
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:49 pm Erm…..

Photoshop?
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
Deleted User 4436

Rarecolour wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:54 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:49 pm Erm…..

Photoshop?
I hope so, but I’m not sure. Its certainly got a filter on it to make the Papaya look like that
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

You can get the plug-in box to adjust the ride height (can't remember the name of it though), have thought about it myself cause even on low height the Turbo looks a bit too high for me.
Problem is, have it too low and you start effecting the geometry.

The Mamba in the video above is a good height.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)