Taycan

The place to discuss everything else..
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

What are the does and don'ts; the must have model/extras when buying a Taycan ?

Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

I drive 200 miles south and I need 200 miles on the clock to get back, where do I charge up, how long does it take, how much does it cost me? Can I charge up on Tesla charge points - what does that cost?
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

The first do is probably ask this question on a taycan forum, not a macan one :)

There is one online with other taycan owners who can probably guide you better than anyone here
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

sd1985 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:49 am The first do is probably ask this question on a taycan forum, not a macan one :)
The reason I didn't rush to do that is because there's more than one forum and so which one AND I know there is lots of knowledge and good info on this forum,

I then found and joined a Taycan forum and the most recent posts on there were 8hrs, 15hrs and 2 days!!
andreas

Post by andreas »

Fairynuff wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:56 am
sd1985 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:49 am The first do is probably ask this question on a taycan forum, not a macan one :)
I then found and joined a Taycan forum and the most recent posts on there were 8hrs, 15hrs and 2 days!!
That's because there aren't that many Taycans around, and only a small percentage of owners are likely to join a forum.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
MrBaozi

Post by MrBaozi »

There is a fairly active taycan forum. Hint is in the name.

If you need to do 200 miles there and 200 miles consistently then you need to look at a different car as I believe the Taycan is not suitable for this.

IMO EVs in general at the moment especially the taycan as the range isn’t the best are most suited to people who have another ICE to use or are mostly using their cars around in city/town and won’t cover long distances too often.

I have both a Macan and a Taycan on order.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Fairynuff wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:17 am I drive 200 miles south and I need 200 miles on the clock to get back, where do I charge up, how long does it take, how much does it cost me? Can I charge up on Tesla charge points - what does that cost?
No, Tesla chargers are exclusive to their cars at the moment but I did hear a rumour that they were considering opening up to other brands but that could be another Musk red herring.

Porsche have an agreement to use Ionity fast chargers, I think around half price so about 33p per unit, don’t know how much that is to fill. Ionity are installing these at some motorway services. We saw four at Cullompton on the M5 as these would most likely be the ones we would use but they were all occupied by non Porsche cars so paying about 67p, hugely expensive, when not far away in a different car park were ‘standard’ chargers at much lower rates and which had empty bays. Crazy.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
pmg

Post by pmg »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:41 pm
Fairynuff wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:17 am We saw four at Cullompton on the M5 as these would most likely be the ones we would use but they were all occupied by non Porsche cars so paying about 67p, hugely expensive, when not far away in a different car park were ‘standard’ chargers at much lower rates and which had empty bays. Crazy.
Not crazy if the fast chargers were getting the vehicles up to say 80% charge in a reasonable break time whereas the standard would take far longer than was happy to spend at a service station. ;) ;)
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

Plenty of YouTube reviews from actual owners..

Harry Metcalffe.

I’m not a fan of Shmee but his experience might be quite typical..
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Fairynuff wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:17 am I drive 200 miles south and I need 200 miles on the clock to get back, where do I charge up, how long does it take, how much does it cost me? Can I charge up on Tesla charge points - what does that cost?
You can't use Tesla charge points as it stands. There is talk about future open use, but I wouldn't count on it and there may well be technical issues - like communication from car to charger as Tesla chargers don't have a manual payment interface.