New Owner Soon!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
davlewis

Post by davlewis »

Hey all,

Just thought I would sign up and say hello!

I have just put an order in for a new Gen 3 Base Macan. It looks like it will going in for build 26th November for late December delivery! (I think I must have got lucky...either that or the base isn't that popular! As I only ordered last week)

I will be moving from a 2019 BMW X3 M40i so I will be losing a fair bit of power, however I have been finding recently that I can hardly ever use the power! So I thought this time I would opt for specification over all out power!

This will be my second ever new car...the previous being a Skoda Citigo :lol: I think I have probably gone a little over the top with my specification :roll: , but I built it to what I wanted, plus I only have to wait 2 months to get my hands on it!

This is my locked in spec - http://www.porsche-code.com/PNV4BY73

Cheers,

Dave
- Macan Volcano Grey / Bordeaux Red Interior
- First time Porsche Owner

Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Nice spec Dave. You'll love it I'm sure.
Annoying how the pic in the confuserator shows the roof rails looking silver as you have ordered black.
I've ordered Crayon and it look beige in the confuserator pictures but clearly in isn't in reall Life either!!!
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Hi Dave, and welcome!

Your Macan looks good! Great news on your short waiting time! :)

Looking forward to your pics!

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
pmg

Post by pmg »

Nice spec

My only comment would be, have you driven a Macan with 21 wheels and no PASM or Air especially with regard to ride quality? Mind you if you coming from an X3 M40i on runflats................ ;) ;) I see they are now both back on the configurator for the base Macan.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
MTUK

Post by MTUK »

pmg wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:19 am Nice spec

My only comment would be, have you driven a Macan with 21 wheels and no PASM or Air especially with regard to ride quality? Mind you if you coming from an X3 M40i on runflats................ ;) ;) I see they are now both back on the configurator for the base Macan.
Personally don't consider PASM / Air is required with 21" wheels. Try it, but as mentioned if you're used to M Sport suspension & RFT.... the Macan standard set up is better quality than that
Merc A200d - Macan SD - Audi TT - Golf GTD MK8
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

I see you’ve specked the RS Spyder wheels, I’m still not decided on wheels but these are an option. I need pics of the car and wheels ASAP , don’t forget. :D :D
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

davlewis wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:18 am Hey all,

Just thought I would sign up and say hello!

I have just put an order in for a new Gen 3 Base Macan. It looks like it will going in for build 26th November for late December delivery! (I think I must have got lucky...either that or the base isn't that popular! As I only ordered last week)

I will be moving from a 2019 BMW X3 M40i so I will be losing a fair bit of power, however I have been finding recently that I can hardly ever use the power! So I thought this time I would opt for specification over all out power!

This will be my second ever new car...the previous being a Skoda Citigo :lol: I think I have probably gone a little over the top with my specification :roll: , but I built it to what I wanted, plus I only have to wait 2 months to get my hands on it!

This is my locked in spec - http://www.porsche-code.com/PNV4BY73

Cheers,

Dave

Ooo a certain deja-vu to some of your choices, you have good taste ! - my Volvano Grey Gen 1 i picked up this week..

mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

My base is also due to be build complete on 26th November having been put back twice from mid September and mid October.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
davlewis

Post by davlewis »

Wing Commander wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:10 am Hi Dave, and welcome!

Your Macan looks good! Great news on your short waiting time! :)

Looking forward to your pics!

Cheers,
Thanks, I cant wait to get it, I had to phone around 5 dealers to find a slot. Most were quoting Q2 22! So really happy I managed to grab one for this year!
Nelladrahcir wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:59 am
Nice spec Dave. You'll love it I'm sure.
Annoying how the pic in the confuserator shows the roof rails looking silver as you have ordered black.
I've ordered Crayon and it look beige in the confuserator pictures but clearly in isn't in reall Life either!!!
Yeah it is a little annoying how it isnt 100% accurate. But i'm sure the black will look great. I saw a Crayon S last week and it looked brilliant! I'm sure you wont be disappointed.
pmg wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:19 am Nice spec

No I haven't driven one with standard spring and 21's but I'm sure it cant be that bad. I have asked my dealer about adding PASM now its back, but I also asked about white dials (which are also back) and they couldn't add the dials to a November build only a Jan build. So I'm guessing it will be the same answer with PASM.

I have the 21" 718M's on my X3 at the moment but that does have the adaptive dampeners, guessing they are very similar to the PASM? It would be nice to have on the Macan but not a deal breaker!
Sweetmeister wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:05 am I see you’ve specked the RS Spyder wheels, I’m still not decided on wheels but these are an option. I need pics of the car and wheels ASAP , don’t forget. :D :D
Haha I will definitely get some pictures up as soon as it arrives :D
Percymon wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:07 am Ooo a certain deja-vu to some of your choices, you have good taste ! - my Volvano Grey Gen 1 i picked up this week..
Sweet! Can't wait to get mine, your's looks great!!

Thanks all for the warm welcome!
davlewis

Post by davlewis »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:32 pm My base is also due to be build complete on 26th November having been put back twice from mid September and mid October.
Let's hope they don't push yours on any more! And they don't do the same to me. I have agreed with a value on my car with BMW for December, so either way its going! Ours will have the same birthday :D Where did your order yours from? Mines coming via Porsche Reading.