It's arrived!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

Good health to enjoy, looks great in the sunlight

Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Love the colour. Looks fantastic. Enjoy!

Only 30 miles and I can open the “Boss level” on mine and drive like a complete spanner 😊
Karpa

Post by Karpa »

wow. Super pleasing and looks cool. Thanks for the photos Ken.
Karpa
Gen 3 Macan S, Night Blue - http://www.porsche-code.com/PNBG63J3
wizzzard

Post by wizzzard »

Congrats! A great colour choice that will pop in the sun.
Jet Black GTS | 21" Sport Classics Gloss Black | PanRoof | Air Suspension + PASM | Pebble Grey Interior | Sport Design Mirrors | PDLS+ | Light Comfort | Bose | PS+
Ken C

Post by Ken C »

I thought I'll share a video of a cold start of my Macan S with non PSE for those deliberating whether or not to spec the PSE.

I quite like how it sounds at the moment, just enough roar for me. I sometimes need to leave the house just before 6am to head for the station to London, so I'm guessing I wouldn't be very popular if I had the louder PSE.

Cold start non PSE

Warm start non PSE (taken back in October when test driving)
Collected: Gen III Macan S, Night Blue, Surround view, Acoustically insulated laminated privacy glass, Bose, 18" Spare wheel, PS+, 8 way Black/Mojave Beige two-tone standard interior

Ordered July 21, Collected February 22
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Ken C wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:58 pm I thought I'll share a video of a cold start of my Macan S with non PSE for those deliberating whether or not to spec the PSE.

I quite like how it sounds at the moment, just enough roar for me. I sometimes need to leave the house just before 6am to head for the station to London, so I'm guessing I wouldn't be very popular if I had the louder PSE.

Cold start non PSE

How have you found the acoustic glass?
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6MH479
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Ken C wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:58 pm I thought I'll share a video of a cold start of my Macan S with non PSE for those deliberating whether or not to spec the PSE. I

Cold start non PSE

If you put it in Sport or Sport+ it pops and bangs a surprising amount without PSE.
Ken C

Post by Ken C »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:59 pm
Ken C wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:58 pm I thought I'll share a video of a cold start of my Macan S with non PSE for those deliberating whether or not to spec the PSE.

Cold start non PSE

Hi Bluenose1812,

Re. Acoustic glass, I’m not sure if it makes a huge difference from stock but coming Q3 the Macan S is a lot quieter.

We spec’d our car with acoustic glass on several other reasons too,
* obviously sound wise for better sound isolation
* we were thinking being laminated windows it would make it harder for the people break in than normal ones
* also thinking it would help with blocking more UV rays, especially with the little one in the back
* being double glazed, maybe cooler in summer and warmer in winter?
Collected: Gen III Macan S, Night Blue, Surround view, Acoustically insulated laminated privacy glass, Bose, 18" Spare wheel, PS+, 8 way Black/Mojave Beige two-tone standard interior

Ken C

Post by Ken C »

THHGTTG wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:57 am
Ken C wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:58 pm I thought I'll share a video of a cold start of my Macan S with non PSE for those deliberating whether or not to spec the PSE. I

Cold start non PSE

If you put it in Sport or Sport+ it pops and bangs a surprising amount without PSE.
Thanks for letting me know THHGTTG

Would I need to warm up the engine first for the pops and bangs?

I’m assuming I need to rev past 4,000 revs to hear them!

Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Ken C wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:10 am
Bluesnose1812 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:59 pm
Hi Bluenose1812,

Re. Acoustic glass, I’m not sure if it makes a huge difference from stock but coming Q3 the Macan S is a lot quieter.

We spec’d our car with acoustic glass on several other reasons too,
* obviously sound wise for better sound isolation
* we were thinking being laminated windows it would make it harder for the people break in than normal ones
* also thinking it would help with blocking more UV rays, especially with the little one in the back
* being double glazed, maybe cooler in summer and warmer in winter?
Thanks for the feedback. My primary reason for speccing it was security so let's hope it never gets tested :D
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6MH479