CAR SAT AT EMDEN

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
PBT147

Post by PBT147 »

Hi All,

Is anyone in the same situation that I am currently in? My car is built but still sat in the Emden Port since 15th Feb.

EDZ

Post by EDZ »

At a guess maybe due to the current closure of factories in the VAG group etc that use Emden port and possibly not enough cars been produced to fill a ship "maybe", :o we have had every other problem you can think of waiting for cars. Do hope it gets shipped soon for you.
Maserati Grecale Trofeo (Primaserie) Collected April 2023
Macan Gen 3 GTS on order: Cancalled April 2023
Macan 2019 GTS Black. (On loan to son in law)
Mini Cooper S (Local run about)
Macan 2016 S D V/Grey (sold)
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Guess at paperwork not being in order as it has been transported there with missing items and it is sat there until parts are fitted and paperwork completed.

No real way of knowing.

Do you know the status of the Connect service?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Jim S

Post by Jim S »

My build was completed on 21st Feb and is now supposedly in the UK. Seems strange that yours was completed before mine and hasn’t arrived yet.
pmg

Post by pmg »

Jim S wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:26 pm My build was completed on 21st Feb and is now supposedly in the UK. Seems strange that yours was completed before mine and hasn’t arrived yet.
There can be a difference between boat frequency to Sheerness for southern dealers and to Grimsby for Northern dealers and due to where a car ends up sitting on the docks at Emden
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
re66ell

Post by re66ell »

My car has been sitting at Emden since the 7th March.

Dealer currently has no idea of when my car will get onto a ship and make its way over.

How many others experiencing similar? or have an idea of when the next ship sails from Emden to Sheerness with Porsches on?

Thanks
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

re66ell wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:27 pm My car has been sitting at Emden since the 7th March.

Dealer currently has no idea of when my car will get onto a ship and make its way over.

How many others experiencing similar? or have an idea of when the next ship sails from Emden to Sheerness with Porsches on?

Thanks
Can’t remember exactly but I’m pretty sure mine sat in Emden for about 3 weeks. If you look at it on Google Maps the place is insanely large and there are only a couple of boats a week I believe.
PBT147

Post by PBT147 »

Thanks ALL, had a conversation with Porsche GB 10 mins ago, not much they can tell me although they have opened a case file. It sounds like the issue is with Germany and the lack of communication feeding through to the UK. I am expecting some sort of update today or tomorrow so will let you know what they say.

I also appreciate there are lots of other more important things going on in the world, which isn't remotely comparable to a delayed Car, I am just wanting Porsche to be transparent with everyone, rather than just using, Covid, Parts shortages, Storms & now Ukraine for excuses all of which I add are indeed valid points.
PBT147

Post by PBT147 »

Although totally coincidental, 10 mins after speaking to Porsche GB I got a msg from the dealership saying it had made it onto the vessel so shouldn't be too long now. Typically it will now arrive during a 2 week period I am unable to collect it 😭
Miz1986

Post by Miz1986 »

Hi Guys,

Despite the fact it is looking probable i will have to sell the car, mine has been sat in EMDEN since the 16th of Feb.

The OPC has no idea when it will get shipped, however he hopes its "soon".
Sold Jan 2023 - Gen 3 Macan GTS
Sold Sept 2023 - 911 992 C4S
Current - 992 911 Targa 4 GTS aka Nos