carplay / data / amazon music queries on 2022 PCM

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
billyqureshi

Post by billyqureshi »

hi all
just got a new 2022 macan and have some questions about the pcm which i can’t find answered online

1. i realised that to use amazon music within PCM, i have to go to device settings, set up an APP connection to my mobile phone over wifi, and ensure i have logged into amazon music on the my porsche app on my phone. once this is all done it does work. however. the next time i use the car, the connection doesn’t auto establish and i need to go back to device settings and re join the cars wifi. is this normal??

2. secondly, when carplay is connected, i can’t use phone functions within pcm. i can’t see calls on the virtual cockpit. pressing the steering wheel phone button does nothing. the car wants me to use carplay for calls. if i go to Phone and press the button to use pcm to make a call, it disconnects the carplay. this is annoying. is it normal behaviour ?

thanks in advance for any advice !

Makanik

Post by Makanik »

billyqureshi wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:41 pm hi all
just got a new 2022 macan and have some questions about the pcm which i can’t find answered online

1. i realised that to use amazon music within PCM, i have to go to device settings, set up an APP connection to my mobile phone over wifi, and ensure i have logged into amazon music on the my porsche app on my phone. once this is all done it does work. however. the next time i use the car, the connection doesn’t auto establish and i need to go back to device settings and re join the cars wifi. is this normal??

2. secondly, when carplay is connected, i can’t use phone functions within pcm. i can’t see calls on the virtual cockpit. pressing the steering wheel phone button does nothing. the car wants me to use carplay for calls. if i go to Phone and press the button to use pcm to make a call, it disconnects the carplay. this is annoying. is it normal behaviour ?

On the 2nd point, I think you are correct. i.e. if you want to use CarPlay, then you need to make any phone calls via CarPlay rather than the PCM.

I find it easiest to do this via Apple voice activation i.e. long press the voice activation button, and say for example “Call John”.

Note that if you short press the voice activation button, you will initiate the PCM voice control, which for example I might say “Drive home”, which would invoke the PCM satnav function.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
Nella

Post by Nella »

Off in a slight tangent but can either of you folks get real time traffic on your PCM sat nav??? (Not using Waze or Google maps) and if yes how???

I’d be so grateful so hear from anyone who has managed it???
billyqureshi

Post by billyqureshi »

Makanik wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:55 am
billyqureshi wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:41 pm hi all

On the 2nd point, I think you are correct. i.e. if you want to use CarPlay, then you need to make any phone calls via CarPlay rather than the PCM.

I find it easiest to do this via Apple voice activation i.e. long press the voice activation button, and say for example “Call John”.

Note that if you short press the voice activation button, you will initiate the PCM voice control, which for example I might say “Drive home”, which would invoke the PCM satnav function.
that’s useful to know ! thank you