Newbie Martini - Service question and Warranty

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

You can always get the brake fluid tested with litmus type paper to check the moisture content, may not need changing?

Martini

Post by Martini »

Hi all,
Thanks for the feedback. Not sure if this makes any difference to responses. So it is May 2018 Gen 1 Macan S. it received its first first 2year service as it had not reached 20K. The OPC performed its 111 check at the point of Sale last April. 12 months down the line it’s MOT is due and an interim service. The quote provided was for engine oil, oil filter and air filters. That is it. I know Porsche servicing costs, having said that my Mercedes did but for those items it didn’t come to that price, just a little surprised and I’m guessing a 40k one is gonna be the thin end of 2k?!?
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

You cannot go anywhere other than Porsche if you want to extend the warranty, they simply will not extend if it’s been outside of the network. Not sure if this applies whilst within warranty, but I would think it’s the same
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
pmg

Post by pmg »

Martini wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:08 pm Hi all,
Thanks for the feedback. Not sure if this makes any difference to responses. So it is May 2018 Gen 1 Macan S. it received its first first 2year service as it had not reached 20K. The OPC performed its 111 check at the point of Sale last April. 12 months down the line it’s MOT is due and an interim service. The quote provided was for engine oil, oil filter and air filters. That is it. I know Porsche servicing costs, having said that my Mercedes did but for those items it didn’t come to that price, just a little surprised and I’m guessing a 40k one is gonna be the thin end of 2k?!?
That seems over the top. even compared to prices from South East OPC's I would do as the Colonel suggests and approach Bolton, Wilmslow and Preston for quotes.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8