Gen 3 live traffic updates

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Nella

Post by Nella »

Jonnyw wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:23 pm I have had intermittent problems with the satnav system not showing live traffic and sometimes switching off for a minute and then restarting. The car was booked at the end of the month for the OPC to check out the PCM. 10 days ago i noticed that an update for the SatNav was available , this took about 15 minutes to download and after that everything is working as it should. The update may have been available before but it is not that obvious on the PCM. The OPC did not seem to know about the update when i called to cancel the appointment.
Jonny where does it say the update is available? Thanks in anticipation

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

If sending destination to car is not working, here is a fix instructions that I was emailed from Porsche AG via CIC Smart Mobility Account, CIC (PCGB, AC) <smartmobility@porsche.co.uk>

Issue sending destinations from My Porsche App to PCM
They have recommended that you carry out the following steps;
 Log out the Porsche ID from the PCM and remove it
 Perform a factory reset of the PCM
 Switch of the vehicle and leave for at least 15 minutes
 Restart the engine and go through the welcome wizard and add the Porsche ID in the vehicle again
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Deleted User 611

Post by Deleted User 611 »

Nella wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:01 pm
Jonnyw wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:23 pm I have had intermittent problems with the satnav system not showing live traffic and sometimes switching off for a minute and then restarting. The car was booked at the end of the month for the OPC to check out the PCM. 10 days ago i noticed that an update for the SatNav was available , this took about 15 minutes to download and after that everything is working as it should. The update may have been available before but it is not that obvious on the PCM. The OPC did not seem to know about the update when i called to cancel the appointment.
Icon showed on the Globe at the top of the PCM its small and esay to miss
Nella

Post by Nella »

MacanPNeil wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:42 am I've been exchanging emails regarding my live traffic updates not working with a Porsche GB who in turn update me with things to do via Porsche Germany. The lasted email was received yesterday asked me to deactivate privacy for all services in the PCM, I did this and it still didn't fix the issue.

This morning I did a factory re-set and reconnected my phone etc but also selected the option of connection for data via my bluetooth device (phone) and removed my sim card altogether. Re entered the pairing code and Porsche connect details.......wasn't holding out much hope but it worked. My live traffic updates are back and the small globe symbol with the car is also back on the top of the PCM screen. I've done a few short trips this morning and it worked without fault every time.

Not sure if this is useful for anyone else with the same issue.....
Tried that and unfortunately no change.

:-(
Nella

Post by Nella »

Jonnyw wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 2:48 pm
Nella wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:01 pm
Icon showed on the Globe at the top of the PCM its small and esay to miss
I can seem to find a globe anywhere on the PCM on my car. Any chance of a picture if yours pls
Deleted User 611

Post by Deleted User 611 »

Hope attached helps, shows shows latest navigation database version

IMG20220520162757.jpg

IMG20220520162703.jpg

IMG20220520162523.jpg

Nella

Post by Nella »

Jonnyw wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 4:44 pm Hope attached helps, shows shows latest navigation database version
Thanks Jonny, so mine is missing the globe, see attached pic.

Does anyone know how to get this or is also having the same problem?

I've had no reply from an email I sent to the OPC this week so will chase them up. I'm meeting Corneyboy next week so we can hatch a plan!!!!

:cry:

PCM minus globe.jpg

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

SAC1 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:04 am If sending destination to car is not working, here is a fix instructions that I was emailed from Porsche AG via CIC Smart Mobility Account, CIC (PCGB, AC) <smartmobility@porsche.co.uk>

Issue sending destinations from My Porsche App to PCM
They have recommended that you carry out the following steps;
 Log out the Porsche ID from the PCM and remove it
 Perform a factory reset of the PCM
 Switch of the vehicle and leave for at least 15 minutes
 Restart the engine and go through the welcome wizard and add the Porsche ID in the vehicle again
Wasted an hour of my life as that did NOT work! :evil:
Steve

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Surely it takes less than 10 seconds to put a destination in from the car? If you use car play as I do, then maybe 6 seconds as I just use voice control.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Jon A wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 3:05 pm Surely it takes less than 10 seconds to put a destination in from the car? If you use car play as I do, then maybe 6 seconds as I just use voice control.
Agree and I do, even using the PCM's voice device....

But sometimes when you're looking at new places to visit, new restaurants to eat, etc... then it so easy to copy and paste on your smartphone to this App service.

Porsche offer it. It did work and I've used it successfully for years. Now it doesn't. We're customers of the brand....not suppliers or IT developers!! It stopped working in April for me. So Porsche need to fix it properly and soon.
Steve