Tyre Extinguishers

The place to discuss everything else..
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Probably not great for the tyres to be sitting deflated.

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

^^^ and especially if you try and drive on flat tyres. Even for a very short distance.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

SAC1 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 12:06 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 10:56 am Tyre compressors are not and as far as I am aware never been included as standard.

If a spare wheel has been included as an Option that includes a compressor as the spare is a slim collapsable tyre.

No spare wheel, then all they supplied was a can of sealant / inflator.

Even today no means of inflating a tyre is standard, the inflator kit or spare are Options.

Porsche rely on Porsche Assist to get an owner moving in the event of having an immobile car.

Both of my Macans came with a compressor as standard.
Good to know.

Does not seem the case with Gen 3 where Tyre Sealant and Compressor are a £42 extra.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 10:56 am Tyre compressors are not and as far as I am aware never been included as standard.

If a spare wheel has been included as an Option that includes a compressor as the spare is a slim collapsible tyre.

No spare wheel, then all they supplied was a can of sealant / inflator.

Even today no means of inflating a tyre is standard, the inflator kit or spare are Options.

Porsche rely on Porsche Assist to get an owner moving in the event of having an immobile car.
Compressor and sealant were provided as standard upto and including MY20. The one supplied with my MY2016 SD had to be connected direct to the battery (or the underbonnet terminals) but I believe later ones came with a cigarette lighter/12V power point connector.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
crxvtec

Post by crxvtec »

TheTraveller wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:18 pm And if by chance, the tyre bead has come away from the rim, highly unlikely but possible. A car tyre inflator will never inflate the tyre. Then plan b or c, would be needed.
If I caught someone playing with my wheel, thoughts of peeing on them would go through my mind.😩
The thought did occur, however given the instructions on their website to let a small hard object do the deflating, they'd be done and off in prob <15 seconds so it'll be a very slim chance of catching them in the act unless you were continually watching the vehicle.
Macan S: Papaya with a lot of toys
Cayman R: Peridot with all the toys
Boxster S: SOLD in 2013
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

I bought these. Hopefully enough of a deterrent.

LCOUACEO 5 PCS Tire Valve Caps, Anti-Theft Valve Caps,Universal Car Moto Bike Tire Wheel Valve Stem Caps Dust Covers Car Styling for Cars Motorcycle Car Styling Decorative Accessories
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

crxvtec wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 11:19 pm
TheTraveller wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:18 pm And if by chance, the tyre bead has come away from the rim, highly unlikely but possible. A car tyre inflator will never inflate the tyre. Then plan b or c, would be needed.
If I caught someone playing with my wheel, thoughts of peeing on them would go through my mind.😩
The thought did occur, however given the instructions on their website to let a small hard object do the deflating, they'd be done and off in prob <15 seconds so it'll be a very slim chance of catching them in the act unless you were continually watching the vehicle.
Published 'instructions' are just a smokescreen so they can say no damage was done. As the other thread showed, the act of deflating is criminal damage. They are better off spiking the sidewalls.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:55 am
Published 'instructions' are just a smokescreen so they can say no damage was done. As the other thread showed, the act of deflating is criminal damage. They are better off spiking the sidewalls.
It doesn’t say it is criminal damage. Not even the Met Police say that. Not until it becomes case law., and it’s not there yet. Any damage to the tyre, is indeed criminal damage.
That’s why their site gives instructions on what to do and how to do it. So they don’t get busted for their actions.
Last edited by TheTraveller on Sun May 22, 2022 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

You would be surprised how easy it is to catch people out. Especially when they get complacent, and the catcher is hyper alert, observant and perceptive.
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

TheTraveller wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:33 pm
Bluesnose1812 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:55 am
It doesn’t say it is criminal damage. Not even the Met Police say that. Not until it becomes case law., and it’s not there yet. Any damage to the tyre, is indeed criminal damage.
That’s why their site gives instructions on what to do and how to do it. So they don’t get busted for their actions.
Groundhog day :D
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6