GTS drag race on carwow

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Looked nice in ginger.
Thought it would have better brakes given how much Porsche promote them.

Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR

Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

goron59 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:33 pm Looked nice in ginger.
Thought it would have better brakes given how much Porsche promote them.

Having just done the PEC I can 100% confirm the brakes on the S will rip your face off if stamped on with sufficient vigour. 60-0 is approx 2 seconds
homerdog

Post by homerdog »

goron59 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:33 pm Thought it would have better brakes given how much Porsche promote them.
Given that it stopped quicker than the other 2, I'm not sure what you expected.
goron59

Post by goron59 »

homerdog wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 9:09 am
goron59 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:33 pm Thought it would have better brakes given how much Porsche promote them.
I expected it to stop much much quicker than the Y which is basically an ordinary hatchback (or crossover SUV as they're often known!).
Especially as the GTS is the top spec of the Macan range.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Nella

Post by Nella »

I don’t really rate Yannis abilities tbh. He certainly didn’t use launch control for the drag race and I don’t think he stamped on the brakes.
Mine stopped dead this week from about 40 to avoid a dog that flew out from nowhere.
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Nella wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 11:57 am I don’t really rate Yannis abilities tbh. He certainly didn’t use launch control for the drag race and I don’t think he stamped on the brakes.
Mine stopped dead this week from about 40 to avoid a dog that flew out from nowhere.

Yanni is normally on it doing the brake test, he usually wins.
I did wonder what mode he had it in for the drag races though.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

The Tesla also has regenerative braking as well as the discs brakes.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Deleted User 4752

Nella wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 11:57 am I don’t really rate Yannis abilities tbh. He certainly didn’t use launch control for the drag race and I don’t think he stamped on the brakes.
Yep, the numpty car wow bloke said “make sure its in sport mode…..”. Obviously needs to be in sport plus for launch control. He also said there was a lag after pressing the loud pedal, so clearly not using LC.

I also assume when they did 50mph acceleration test he didn’t press the fun button either. All in all a typical one of those Car Wow videos by a guy that really doesn’t seem to have a clue or any respect for the cars he reviews.

Incidentally, when he does the advert bit about contacting Car Wow to get a good deal on your car I would be amazed if they can get ANY discount on a GTS, and doubt they’d get any on the Tesla.
Deleted User 4752

goron59 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 11:33 am
homerdog wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 9:09 am
I expected it to stop much much quicker than the Y which is basically an ordinary hatchback (or crossover SUV as they're often known!).
Especially as the GTS is the top spec of the Macan range.
To be fair, they are both just mass produced SUV’s. The badge really doesn’t change that.
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

THHGTTG wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 3:11 pm

Yep, the numpty car wow bloke said “make sure its in sport mode…..”. Obviously needs to be in sport plus for launch control. He also said there was a lag after pressing the loud pedal, so clearly not using LC.

I also assume when they did 50mph acceleration test he didn’t press the fun button either. All in all a typical one of those Car Wow videos by a guy that really doesn’t seem to have a clue or any respect for the cars he reviews.

Incidentally, when he does the advert bit about contacting Car Wow to get a good deal on your car I would be amazed if they can get ANY discount on a GTS, and doubt they’d get any on the Tesla.

For what it's worth CarWow doesn't sell new* Porsche on their platform, but they do sell Tesla. Don your tinfoil hat and make of that what you will.

*they do sell pre-owned though I think.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94