Some people appreciate a Porsche

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

It's called China or Russia
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'

goron59

Post by goron59 »

petew0557 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:51 am A couple of weeks ago I parked outside a Primary School whilst picking something up. Before you all start shouting at me, I wasn't in a disabled bay or illegally parked! It was playtime and my Macan was adjacent to the chain-link fence. Within a few seconds a roar of "Porsche, Porsche, Porsche" started from a young lad with his faced pressed against the fence. 2 mins later 20 or so kids plus their teacher were staring at me and the car. I smiled and walked away to pick up my delivery. 5 mins later I returned to the car and the crowd of kids had now doubled in numbers and even the Caretaker was having a good look. It did make me chuckle as that could have been me 50 years ago.
Old man parking outside a primary school at playtime? That could have been a very different story !
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Deleted User 4788

Post by Deleted User 4788 »

Hey, who you calling old!!!!
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

petew0557 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:46 am Hey, who you calling old!!!!

Ha ha!! I thought the same. ;) :P :lol:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

I used to drive my Boxster around Kings Cross late at night.
I'd drive quite slowly near to the pavement as there were quite a few women out just standing around, and they would always look at the car and wave me down.
I found it fascinating that sports cars weren't something that only the male species admired.
One night even the police pulled me over to take a look.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Bazza06 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:28 pm I used to drive my Boxster around Kings Cross late at night.
I'd drive quite slowly near to the pavement as there were quite a few women out just standing around, and they would always look at the car and wave me down.
I found it fascinating that sports cars weren't something that only the male species admired.
Not just sports cars Bazza, I had the same reaction in a BMW saloon too - you would think these girls would stand in a nicer part of town to admire the cars though…
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

Jon A wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:52 pm
Bazza06 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:28 pm I used to drive my Boxster around Kings Cross late at night.
Not just sports cars Bazza, I had the same reaction in a BMW saloon too - you would think these girls would stand in a nicer part of town to admire the cars though…
It's odd the number of women you find on street corners who are keen to have a look inside your car - they always ask if we can go somewhere private too, they must really want an in-depth chat!
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
PowerMalc

Post by PowerMalc »

I never realised they were so interested in bore and stroke measurements!!!
https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PPHDBG45
Macan S ordered 14-1-22 Gentian, extended Mojave, Walnut, Air, sunroof, 14 way, ACC, LCA, keyfree, surround, spare, HFW, PS+, PDLS+, Heated wheel, rear airbags, autodim, vented seats
Nella

Post by Nella »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Yeah, our binmen like my Macan.

They triggered the CCTV system going onto my drive to peer into the drivers window.

Would not have minded but the CCTV trigger alarm sounded at 06:40.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags