Live Traffic Info on PCM Navigation Map Not Showing

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Nella

Post by Nella »

Neil1911 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:09 am Is it really THAT much of an issue? Yes, my on screen yellow/red highlights work, but are only of passing interest, if the hold ups are significant the Nav will reroute (presumably only if Dynamic routing is activated) and forecast delays that don't justify rerouting are advised as messages to be opened and read..... or have I misunderstood and these two features have also been kiboshed?
Also the PCM tabs on the right of the screen are a good size and conveniently placed. The tabs on CarPlay ie Waze, phone calls etc are much smaller and impossible to safely try and use on the move.

Imagine buying a 55” TV that only showed you half a picture on the screen and that you had to buy another device in order to even get that half picture!!!!

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

I had this email from Porsche GB today. It is reference not being able to send a map destination to car, but likely to include other fixes like Live Traffic....

I refer to my previous email and advise that our Technical Team have confirmed that there will be a software update released which should resolve the issues that you are currently experiencing. Regrettably, a date for its release is still pending but I will contact you again once this has been confirmed.

I understand your frustrations with the time taken to resolve this issue and would like to thank you again for your patience in allowing me the opportunity to resolve this issue for you.

Best regards

Mandy Audoire
Personal Case Manager
Porsche Customer Interaction Centre
On behalf of Porsche Cars Great Britain Limited
Bath Road, Calcot, Reading RG31 7SE

Phone: 03457 911 911
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
New User

Post by New User »

Thanks for the update SAC1. One of the reasons for escalating to customer services was to ensure that I have a case number for extending the connectivity services bundle when the fix eventually arrives so that I have 2 years of full functionality.
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

For those still having sat nav issues, I don’t want to sound like I’m rubbing salt into the wound but today I went up the Bluewater, about 50 miles each way, on the M25. The sat nav showed all the MANY traffic issues flawlessly and did something I’d never noticed before. On the way up the sat nav lady actually said “caution, there is stationary traffic ahead”, and on the way home she said “warning, slippery road surface on the M25”. It wasn’t, but it was nice of her to tell me about it. There had been some light rain in places, so maybe she was talking about that.

Has there been an update? Do yours all work now? Maybe she’s always given me these warnings but I can’t say as I’ve noticed.

Oh, one last thing, the PCM also now seems to be showing me the location of speed cameras and average speed camera roads.
Joe390

Post by Joe390 »

Sadly not from my side. Tried everything I can think off, changing and resetting settings but no luck. Ended up getting stuck on the M2 due to an accident and closed motorway which wasn’t even highlighted on the sat nav. Having to use Waze at the minute for any sort of reliable navigation with traffic.
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Joe390 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:34 pm Sadly not from my side. Tried everything I can think off, changing and resetting settings but no luck. Ended up getting stuck on the M2 due to an accident and closed motorway which wasn’t even highlighted on the sat nav. Having to use Waze at the minute for any sort of reliable navigation with traffic.

How did you get stuck if using Waze? If that didn't highlight the issue, doubt the satnav would have.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Joe390

Post by Joe390 »

Rarecolour wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:12 am
Joe390 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:34 pm Sadly not from my side. Tried everything I can think off, changing and resetting settings but no luck. Ended up getting stuck on the M2 due to an accident and closed motorway which wasn’t even highlighted on the sat nav. Having to use Waze at the minute for any sort of reliable navigation with traffic.

How did you get stuck if using Waze? If that didn't highlight the issue, doubt the satnav would have.
That was the turning point to start using waze :lol:
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Joe390 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:34 am

Gotcha, that makes sense.
You an apple or android user? If apple, I'd just use car play anyway and forget about the cars satnav.
Ex -
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Joe390

Post by Joe390 »

Rarecolour wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:58 am

You an apple or android user? If apple, I'd just use car play anyway and forget about the cars satnav.
Apple. Never really used car play too much before as always had to have it plugged in on my Land Rover which was a faff with cables everywhere (plus it took an age to load thanks to the poor OS in Land Rovers). Just getting used to the benefit of CarPlay being wireless now!
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Joe390 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:46 am
Rarecolour wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:58 am

Apple. Never really used car play too much before as always had to have it plugged in on my Land Rover which was a faff with cables everywhere (plus it took an age to load thanks to the poor OS in Land Rovers). Just getting used to the benefit of CarPlay being wireless now!
Ah, one of the lucky ones who uses apple (I just use the wife's phone if needed). I'd not worry about the satnav then if I were you, just very annoying when it's been paid for. Waze is better imo anyway.
Ex -
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)