Finance?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
mickmichael

Post by mickmichael »

This looks fantastic and seems to have everything on it. I nearly traveled 200 miles to view it 2 weeks ago, however it is still on (or was) on Finance and the owner said he would pay that off if we bought it!! Something didn't sound right so we left it, now it has been reduced twice. Am I being overcautious ?? It was or still is on a private plate.

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

You forgot to attach a link, or details of the car you mention. ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Northandy

Post by Northandy »

You could pay the finance company yourself with the owner there and then pay him the balance, then you know the finance is cleared.
mickmichael

Post by mickmichael »

Not sure if I should post the actual add, however it's on Autotrader.

One owner Lady Driver, 21" R/S Spyder Design Wheels, Black leather interior, 14 way adj seats, Panoramic Roof, PASM, BOSE surround, reverse Camera, Carrara Metallic Paint, Privacy Glass, Colour Coded Side skirts / side blades, Heated front seats, Crest on headrests, Piano finish black interior, comfort lighting package, folding sod mirrors, side window trimn in black, roof rails in aluminium painted in black. Immaculate condition, Always garaged, full Gtechniq glaze and inside protection, Full PSH / **Porsche Warranty of 2 years remaining**. White, 1 owner, £51,990
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

As above, you pay the finance company not the owner and get confirmation from them it’s all cleared. The pay him the balance if there is any. A bit messy but totally normal practice unless the owner can access money to pay it off and then you Just pay him directly.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Private plate he takes off onto retention once you pay a deposit would be the norm there.
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

You still haven’t indicated which model it is?
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Makanik wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:20 pm You still haven’t indicated which model it is?
I think it’s an S, 2020 model? All others on there with same sort of mileage and age seem to be thick end of £60k or more, although these are almost all OPC cars so will have the premium added.
I agree with others that you pay off finance while with owner in attendance and then balance if any due.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
mickmichael

Post by mickmichael »

Yes, it's a 19 plate, 20 year S. Was 54k and has been reduced twice. Surely you would change the plate and settle finance before you put it up for sale, not sure I'm happy paying off the finance myself, however, it is a very good car with great spec, and cheap.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

He probably hasn’t the money to settle the finance which would be pretty normal. One of the issues of trying to sell an expensive car privately as selling to the trade and them clearing the finance is normal day to day stuff for them. Really shouldn’t be a concern for you so long as you do the paying to the finance company not him.

As regards the plate it depends how committed he is to sell. If he is just trying the market then keeping the plate on incase it doesn’t sell is ok and then take it off once the deposit is paid. It’s a 5 minute online job at that stage.