Live Traffic Info on PCM Navigation Map Not Showing

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

I popped into Nottm OPC today as I was passing by and asked about the live traffic info and when it would be fixed. The sales manager told me that Porsche are aware but they haven’t been told when this would be rectified and that it effects 918’s, Macan and Panamera delivered March onwards!
He also said that because it was “free” they would not extend the service for the full 24 months from when they fix it. I pointed out that free or not, it was part of the order and therefore contractual.
Don’t know if that part is true but he started to backtrack a bit at this point and babble on about taking it up with Porsche UK.
All in all, about as unhelpful as any other service is in 2022 - viva la CarPlay…
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0

Nella

Post by Nella »

Update!!!
Still no update but whilst bored I did look at some pics of approved Macans on the Porsche website and in the top 15 most expensive only two appeared to have fully functioning satnavs??? An S at Wolverhampton and a Turbo at Sheffield.
Even the £85k base model didn't look lik eit was working correctly!!!
pmg

Post by pmg »

My service has not yet been restored so I have today sent this message using the MY Porsche website to "Porsche Connect Support Great Brittian"

- "The Live traffic part of navigation plus has worked perfectly until last Thursday Jully 7th on my Porsche Macan S 2019. It is still out of action today. I understand from various forums owners of new cars have had issues this year and where being promised an update and a working system this week. Also other Gen2 Macan owners have lost live traffic service in the last week.

The attempt to correct the attempt provide this service for new vehicles has now interrupted the service for existing customers. As I am now paying an annual premium for this service, I trust this service (very necessary due to the state of South East UK and national motorway traffic) will soon be restored and my current contract period will be extended for the lost days.

The failure to provide this service is not worthy of your premium position in the market if not subject to satisfactory resolution will be given publicity and legal action."

Other forum member may wish to take similar action and the above is not copyrighted. I will keep the forum informed of developments.

When I have time I will investigate whether other marques in the VW group are having similar issues. Every time a see a navigation screen in a Bentley, I note the similarity to that in my Porsche
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

pmg wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:16 pm My service has not yet been restored so I have today sent this message using the MY Porsche website to "Porsche Connect Support Great Brittian"

- "The Live traffic part of navigation plus has worked perfectly until last Thursday Jully 7th on my Porsche Macan S 2019. It is still out of action today. I understand from various forums owners of new cars have had issues this year and where being promised an update and a working system this week. Also other Gen2 Macan owners have lost live traffic service in the last week.

The attempt to correct the attempt provide this service for new vehicles has now interrupted the service for existing customers. As I am now paying an annual premium for this service, I trust this service (very necessary due to the state of South East UK and national motorway traffic) will soon be restored and my current contract period will be extended for the lost days.

The failure to provide this service is not worthy of your premium position in the market if not subject to satisfactory resolution will be given publicity and legal action."

Other forum member may wish to take similar action and the above is not copyrighted. I will keep the forum informed of developments.

When I have time I will investigate whether other marques in the VW group are having similar issues. Every time a see a navigation screen in a Bentley, I note the similarity to that in my Porsche
Thanks for this PMG, I have been in the OPC myself today re same issue. They are clueless as to what the resolution will be and when.
I pointed out that the car is not currently as described prior to purchase and they are in breach. Not sure what my options are but either way the OPC are of little help but zero empathy.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
pmg

Post by pmg »

Jon A wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:28 pm
pmg wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:16 pm My service has not yet been restored so I have today sent this message using the MY Porsche website to "Porsche Connect Support Great Brittian"

Thanks for this PMG, I have been in the OPC myself today re same issue. They are clueless as to what the resolution will be and when.
I pointed out that the car is not currently as described prior to purchase and they are in breach. Not sure what my options are but either way the OPC are of little help but zero empathy.
I felt as OPC's not in charge of this better to go to the Porsche GB Connect services contact.

I have a major Uk trip in a fortnight and if this is not resolved I may have to invest in an Iphone and use Carplay. As someone who is very anti Apple, this will cause me a lot of stress
Nella

Post by Nella »

Jon A wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:16 pm I popped into Nottm OPC today as I was passing by and asked about the live traffic info and when it would be fixed. The sales manager told me that Porsche are aware but they haven’t been told when this would be rectified and that it effects 918’s, Macan and Panamera delivered March onwards!
He also said that because it was “free” they would not extend the service for the full 24 months from when they fix it. I pointed out that free or not, it was part of the order and therefore contractual.
Don’t know if that part is true but he started to backtrack a bit at this point and babble on about taking it up with Porsche UK.
All in all, about as unhelpful as any other service is in 2022 - viva la CarPlay…
Hi Jon,
I just read your post and laughed that the OPC claim it to be free!!!! It is a service we all paid for when we bought the car and is no freer than the four rubber rings that they generously stuck on our cars prior to delivery!!!!
They really do employ some muppets!!!!
Nella

Post by Nella »

pmg wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:36 pm
Jon A wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:28 pm

I felt as OPC's not in charge of this better to go to the Porsche GB Connect services contact.

I have a major Uk trip in a fortnight and if this is not resolved I may have to invest in an Iphone and use Carplay. As someone who is very anti Apple, this will cause me a lot of stress
I had to spend £600 on an iphone and even with that the carplay maps, Waze or Google, only cover half the screen.
pmg

Post by pmg »

I have now had a reply from Porsche Connect asking for several photos of the screen. I am busy with other tasks today so maybe tomorrow before i reply. However, I paste below their email asIt does provide a checklist to go through and hence maybe useful for others

"Thank you for contacting Porsche Cars Great Britain Limited.

Please kindly follow the steps highlighted below, answer the questions and provide images where requested. This should get the service back up and running and if it does not, gives us the required information to ask Porsche AG to investigate.

• Is privacy mode switched off/inactive in the settings within your vehicle PCM? Please provide an image.

• Please also check privacy mode for each individual within your vehicle PCM. Please provide an image

• After checking the privacy settings, we would kindly ask you to switch on/off the privacy mode.
In your vehicle PCM, Set -> Porsche Connect ->Private mode -> Please make sure that this checkbox is set first.

• Please check the time set in the vehicle matches the local time. Please provide an image.

• Check under Settings, Porsche Connect --> if traffic online license is shown (with valid service period). Please provide an image.
In your vehicle PCM, Set -> Porsche Connect -> Service Overview -> check valid time period (Service: Real-Time Traffic Info & Online Map Update)

• Please check if checkbox is set under "navigation settings" in the vehicle PCM display. Please provide an image.
You can find this option by clicking on the tiny "three bars" button within map. Please proceed by clicking on the option "Online nav. serv. + product improv.". Please make sure to check all checkboxes.

• In case single services are deactivated, please check your vehicle PCM to make sure to reactivate them again. Please provide an image.
In your vehicle PCM - Set -> Porsche Connect ->Private mode for selected services -> Please deactivate privacy for all services
• In case the issue still occurs, please provide additional information so that further analysis can be initiated. If required.

• Please provide the online maps software version. Please provide an image of the below 3 systems.
In your vehicle PCM - click "Set" --> "System" --> "version number",
1. SW Version: Set -> System -> SW-Upate -> Version Information -> check Version Software
2. Navigation Version: Set -> System -> SW-Upate -> Version Information -> check Navigation database Version
3. Map Version: Set -> System -> SW-Upate -> Version Information -> Navigation database Version -> check MAP Versions

• Are all other connect services working as expected in your vehicle PCM display? i.e News, Weather etc. Please provide an image"
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

pmg wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:17 am I have now had a reply from Porsche Connect asking for several photos of the screen. I am busy with other tasks today so maybe tomorrow before i reply. However, I paste below their email asIt does provide a checklist to go through and hence maybe useful for others

"Thank you for contacting Porsche Cars Great Britain Limited.

Please kindly follow the steps highlighted below, answer the questions and provide images where requested. This should get the service back up and running and if it does not, gives us the required information to ask Porsche AG to investigate.

• Is privacy mode switched off/inactive in the settings within your vehicle PCM? Please provide an image.

• Please also check privacy mode for each individual within your vehicle PCM. Please provide an image

• After checking the privacy settings, we would kindly ask you to switch on/off the privacy mode.
In your vehicle PCM, Set -> Porsche Connect ->Private mode -> Please make sure that this checkbox is set first.

• Please check the time set in the vehicle matches the local time. Please provide an image.

• Check under Settings, Porsche Connect --> if traffic online license is shown (with valid service period). Please provide an image.
In your vehicle PCM, Set -> Porsche Connect -> Service Overview -> check valid time period (Service: Real-Time Traffic Info & Online Map Update)

• Please check if checkbox is set under "navigation settings" in the vehicle PCM display. Please provide an image.
You can find this option by clicking on the tiny "three bars" button within map. Please proceed by clicking on the option "Online nav. serv. + product improv.". Please make sure to check all checkboxes.

• In case single services are deactivated, please check your vehicle PCM to make sure to reactivate them again. Please provide an image.
In your vehicle PCM - Set -> Porsche Connect ->Private mode for selected services -> Please deactivate privacy for all services
• In case the issue still occurs, please provide additional information so that further analysis can be initiated. If required.

• Please provide the online maps software version. Please provide an image of the below 3 systems.
In your vehicle PCM - click "Set" --> "System" --> "version number",
1. SW Version: Set -> System -> SW-Upate -> Version Information -> check Version Software
2. Navigation Version: Set -> System -> SW-Upate -> Version Information -> check Navigation database Version
3. Map Version: Set -> System -> SW-Upate -> Version Information -> Navigation database Version -> check MAP Versions

• Are all other connect services working as expected in your vehicle PCM display? i.e News, Weather etc. Please provide an image"

... and please bill us @ £200 per hour for the time it takes you do do all this....
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PS4LDHS7
Nella

Post by Nella »

PMG

To save you a bit of time I had the same request and wasted a large portion of my life to test it and send it pics for them just to reply that it is ‘cattled’ (that’s cockney rhyming slang) for those t’up north.

‘Major incident’ being urgently investigated to by Porsche in Germany. Apparently!?!?!?