Nearly Ready to order a Macan…

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
pmg

Post by pmg »

Tracky wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:31 am
hood69 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:52 pm Just play them at their own game
Put in an option heavy order on an S
Once you have a build slot confirmed and lockdown comes then give them the configuration that YOU want
They are not holding back your allocation at that point.
Which works well until somebody ‘forgets’ to tell you that the spec is locked which has been known to happen and you end up with a car you can’t afford !!
+ one from me. In the two days I spent sitting in my OPC specing my car, i was surprised by the number of nearby sales execs complaining Porsche Germany had locked down specs of their clients early with no warning
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

Once you have a build slot confirmed and lockdown comes then give them the configuration that YOU want
Like your style!
hood69

Post by hood69 »

Tracky wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:31 am
Which works well until somebody ‘forgets’ to tell you that the spec is locked which has been known to happen and you end up with a car you can’t afford !!
I did here of this happening
Just make sure you have it on email that it's a provisional spec and that you want notice before spec is finalised.
Quintonside

Post by Quintonside »

Not a bad idea this I must admit.

My next issue is in speaking two different OPC and getting quotes, their residuals are different! This on the same car, same Porsche code. Bit confused as I thought they’d be identical and unless they are able to manually alter them.

Also the T has a better residual than the S which seems odd.
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

By residual do you mean the balloon payment on the PCP deal?
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
Quintonside

Post by Quintonside »

Yes
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

Spec the car you want, the OPC just want a car they can buy back and sell on easily with good margin (whilst you absorb the cost of the extras). Add £1k to the base and check the finance numbers, add their 'recommended' £10k and then look at the numbers. Either way you can hand it back, or buy it outright to then sell yourself.

The T is well spec'd a standard so the OPC wont be looking for much, if anything, more to be added; they expect it to be an easy sell to the next owner 3 years on. You'll also halve your delivery time with the T.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Whatever you do, do not spec any engine until you have had a long test drive in a Macan which has the same engine as the one you are specifying.

Even better if you can test drive a Base or T and then go out in an S. Even if you drive from one dealer to another to test drive both.

I am not a fan at all of the 2.0 litre engine, its way to under powered for my taste but if it works for you that is all that matters.

Just have a long test drive in both.

I am with the advice, spec up an S with £15k of extras, generate the code and tell the OPC that this is a provisional spec and you will confirm an actual build code when you have a confirmed build date.

Meanwhile ring other dealers of a different franchise and if you can also place a deposit with them and give them the provisional build code as well.

If you are in a position to, tell them both you can finalise by return as soon as they advise a build date.

Deposit is fully refundable until the spec is locked down.

BTW, you may well find that come trade in time Motorway, WBAC, Cazoo etc offer as good as if not a better trade in deal than an OPC.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Harveyg

Post by Harveyg »

I don’t agree re Bose. I believe it is well worth the money in the Macan I have the basic sound pack in my 718 Spyder as I never listen to music in it and Bose in my Macan the difference between the two systems is considerable.
Current:-718 Spyder PDK, Macan T
Previous:- 718 Boxster GTS PDK , 987 Spyder PDK, 996 Turbo, 986 Boxster S, 986Boxster, 911 Speedster, 944 S2 Cab, 944S, 944 Lux,924, Macan 2.0
crockers

Post by crockers »

As for seats. I found the “standard” 8 way in the T very comfortable and supportive. I also like the pinstripe Tex in the centres. They are not the standard 8 way in the Base or S.

I accept a S is smoother. Has better power in a straight line. But I dare say on a windy road the T may be the better car.