It’s all hot air?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
TK421

Post by TK421 »

Nella wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:15 pm Car fixed. Faulty air conditioning pressure sensor replaced under warranty. A few cars have had this issue apparently so they knew what to look for.

And from the OPC it's nothing to do with pressing the wrong knobs and you don't have to have the A/C on all the time to make it work properly (nor have to have a pano for it to work properly either)?!?!?!?

No news on real time sat nav other than Germany are looking at this still and it does affect some other cars.

Unfortunately now a crack has appeared on the B post trim on the from passenger door which apparently is a known fault and will be replaced under warranty at some time in the future.

I'm hoping that as that is the 3rd fault I get no more!!!

Other than that it is epic to drive and seems to loosen up everyday.

ps I had a Cayanne for the day and was so glad to get back to my GTS. Cayanne felt mahoosive, very snappy in the gears, but was a demo so I'm guessing the PDK thinks everyone wants to race it, and it just wallowed round corners. Wasn't as much fun and drank fuel!!!!!
Thanks for the update Nella, mine is in tomorrow for an initial look whilst they sort the remote services.
Will keep the thread updated. Hope I don’t get a bollocking for pressing the buttons 😳
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

The final Hurrah http://www.porsche-code.com/PRSB8KW7

PowerMalc

Post by PowerMalc »

TK421 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:31 pm
Nella wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:15 pm Car fixed. Faulty air conditioning pressure sensor replaced under warranty. A few cars have had this issue apparently so they knew what to look for.

And from the OPC it's nothing to do with pressing the wrong knobs and you don't have to have the A/C on all the time to make it work properly (nor have to have a pano for it to work properly either)?!?!?!?

No news on real time sat nav other than Germany are looking at this still and it does affect some other cars.

Unfortunately now a crack has appeared on the B post trim on the from passenger door which apparently is a known fault and will be replaced under warranty at some time in the future.

ps I had a Cayanne for the day and was so glad to get back to my GTS. Cayanne felt mahoosive, very snappy in the gears, but was a demo so I'm guessing the PDK thinks everyone wants to race it, and it just wallowed round corners. Wasn't as much fun and drank fuel!!!!!
Thanks for the update Nella, mine is in tomorrow for an initial look whilst they sort the remote services.
Will keep the thread updated. Hope I don’t get a bollocking for pressing the buttons 😳
They will be able to tell it was you with all the fingerprints !!!
https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PPHDBG45
Macan S ordered 14-1-22 Gentian, extended Mojave, Walnut, Air, sunroof, 14 way, ACC, LCA, keyfree, surround, spare, HFW, PS+, PDLS+, Heated wheel, rear airbags, autodim, vented seats
TK421

Post by TK421 »

PowerMalc wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:24 pm
TK421 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:31 pm

They will be able to tell it was you with all the fingerprints !!!
Already thought of that. I have a Costco micro fibre in the car. Evidence removed 😉
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

TK421

Post by TK421 »

Remote services activated.
Needs to go back in for panel gaps and AC sensor and reprogram of HVAC.
Live updates still no update from Porsche so have to live with that not working for now.
Also faulty sensor on door for comfort access intermittent.
So a revisit needed to sort this out.
Luckily nobody picked up on the button pressing I’d done although I’m sure the technician knew when he plugged in the diagnostics. He did give me a stern look.
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

TK421 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:50 pm Remote services activated.
Needs to go back in for panel gaps and AC sensor and reprogram of HVAC.
Live updates still no update from Porsche so have to live with that not working for now.
Also faulty sensor on door for comfort access intermittent.
So a revisit needed to sort this out.
Luckily nobody picked up on the button pressing I’d done although I’m sure the technician knew when he plugged in the diagnostics. He did give me a stern look.
Difficult to imagine non of this was picked up while in demo…
May be it was but they took the chance you wouldn’t?
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Nella

Post by Nella »

Jeez, I’m feeling pretty lucky after reading that lot!!!
I hope all gets fixed for you soon.
TK421

Post by TK421 »

To be fair, remote services wouldn’t of been activated , so that’s ok. But should of been activated for my collection. Panel gaps should of been spotted. AC issue again, could of been missed on short demos I guess. Comfort access door lock, again I’m guessing they just locked using the key fob. To be fair it’s that slow to lock using the door handle it’s pretty useless, quicker to use the fob. I’m contemplating not adding this on my next one. On the BMW the comfort access was instant both opening and locking, guess that’s what I got used to.

Panel gap image on one side, both sides the same.

9DE05378-53CD-447E-8F2F-FCD66BB9CFDB.jpeg

23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

martinto8

Post by martinto8 »

TK421 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:12 pm To be fair, remote services wouldn’t of been activated , so that’s ok. But should of been activated for my collection. Panel gaps should of been spotted. AC issue again, could of been missed on short demos I guess. Comfort access door lock, again I’m guessing they just locked using the key fob. To be fair it’s that slow to lock using the door handle it’s pretty useless, quicker to use the fob. I’m contemplating not adding this on my next one. On the BMW the comfort access was instant both opening and locking, guess that’s what I got used to.

Panel gap image on one side, both sides the same.

Wow that is some serious gappage!

Looks like if someone did snagging for new cars there is a market for it!
Macan GTS on order: http://www.porsche-code.com/PPDF6163
Ordered 25th Aug 2021 - Build slot August 2022, Landed in OPC - 29th September 2022 - Collected 29th November 459 days since ordering!
TK421

Post by TK421 »

It’s great that these OPCs will sort these issues out but genuinely haven’t got the time to piss about going back and too to get these issues sorted that shouldn’t be there on what is a premium product.
I also forgot to take the Porsche fobs (wasn’t told they were needed) with me for remote services activation, so need to go back with them also. Doh!
I asked them why couldn’t the service be simply activated online by the customer, the Porsche pro then tried to do a good job explaining the reasons why. My interpretation and understanding is it’s basically 2 botched together systems from Porsche and vodaphone that simply don’t talk to each other, so has to be enabled in house as I’m guessing the front end portal simply hasn’t been developed external of the tracker element which obviously needs to be secure.
BMW have all this wrapped up in a neat little online services portal, connected drive, which is both slick and works well. This tech area of Porsche needs drastically improving if they want to sell these features. They have no issue charging us and advertising these features on the cars we buy, at least have them working or the ability to enable them without having to faff about. Hoping the next Gen EV’s will step up the game as they will need to compete with the other brands even more. All my opinion and from my experience YMMV of course
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

620turbo

Post by 620turbo »

FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone. I found this thread at the weekend so thanks for the original poster and other contributors, not the idiots saying how people should not be touching buttons and leave it all on AUTO, etc.

My girlfriends MY2020 Macan Turbo has been blowing out hot air. This is with AC off, SYNC on and both sides set to LOW.

Clearly the car was heating the air somehow.

Took the car to our local OPC and after trying to fob us off that the AC should be on, demanded to see a technician who came out and stated it was not correct.

Took the car into the workshop, plugged on diagnostic and no faults.

Got in another 2020 Macan Turbo in car park and it did the same. Temp set to LOW but air coming out of vents clearly way hotter than atmospheric air temperature.

Then got in a 2023 GTS demonstrator with the same 2.9 V6 engine and the piano panel centre console and guess what - it does the same.

Car booked into OPC for 3 weeks time for them to look at it, however this evening we have been digging around and doing some testing and found the issue.

Under the Settings menu, under the instrument cluster, there is an option for AIR CON\AUTO RECIRC which was ticked.

I assume this means the RECIRC button in the climate control physical button panel does nothing and is over-ridden by this setting being on. Therefore although the RECIRC light comes on and off when you press the button, this is fully or mostly ornamental and does nothing because the car is controlling the RECIRC by the AUTO RECIRC setting.

Switched AUTO RECIRC setting off and the car now vents atmospheric temperature air with the AC off - NO MORE HOT AIR!!

I assume the AUTO RECIRC setting is agnostic of the A/C button status, which is arguably stupid. It is therefore looking at the extremely hot cabin temperature and recircing to try and reduce the cabin temperature ASAP as would be effective IF THE AC WAS SWITCHED ON and essentially getting into a doom loop.

Hope this helps some people.