Anyone having issues with wireless Apple CarPlay?

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Stuartwmcc

Post by Stuartwmcc »

My Gen 3 Macan S is excellent in so many ways but how the connection technology lets its down with the PCM etc.

When wireless car play works it is great but I get many intermittent connection drop outs - have wiped the connection set it all back up etc etc

Apple support is excellent (porsche support less🙄🙄) but they said to reboot the “stereo”. My car is going in for the live navigation fault correction soon so thought would ask if anyone else has this issue and has a fix?

Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Sorry, but I’ve had a Gen 3 Macan S since last Dec and have had zero issues or drop-outs with apple car play. Probably not what you want to hear but I suggest you talk to the Opc, or try another phone if you have access to one.

I use an iPhone 13. Not sure if that makes any difference. Make sure your iOS is up to date too
Seventy Seven

Post by Seventy Seven »

I initially had drop-outs in my gen 2. I read somewhere about a hard reset (just hold down the on/off/volume button). I tried and never had issues since; touch wood!
Current:
997.2 C2S, Meteor Grey, PDK (with paddles), PSE, Sports Chrono, etc.... (2009)
Macan, Volcano Grey, 21” RS Spyder Design Alloys (2020): http://www.porsche-code.com/PLVB2FZ0
Stuartwmcc

Post by Stuartwmcc »

Will give a hard reset a try!