Info and nav services

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

F1 Nut wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:14 pm The PCM will only 'receive' the destination into the car when I click the 'link' Porsche ID button, which I have to do each time I switch on the ignition. Not the slickest solutions out there, admittedly, but works every time.
Can I ask where that is located or for a photo / screenshot. Thanks.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

F1 Nut

Post by F1 Nut »

The PCM will only 'receive' the destination into the car when I click the 'link' Porsche ID button, which I have to do each time I switch on the ignition. Not the slickest solutions out there, admittedly, but works every time.
[/quote]

[/quote]

The red ‘Link Porsche ID’ button is the one you need to press each time you turn on the ignition.

7AF0EEA1-82CF-4783-A791-FCCF856BDFC9.jpeg

SAC1 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:11 pm
F1 Nut wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:14 pm
Current: Macan Turbo 2021 http://www.porsche-code.com/PM513BZ5
Previous: BMW 540i 2018
GTB

Post by GTB »

I will try and get a pic and put it up later, but if you press on the top right on the PCM screen that takes you into personal settings and porsche ID, there is then a screen with three options, from memory it was ask for pairing code basically every time car is started, so that isnt a great option. second was confirm on Mobile phone to link porsche id to car ( Again not great option and a faff to do everytime I went in the car. Third option is automatically pair Porsche ID to car when "XXXXX" mobile phone is detected. So that third option is now my default, so as soon as im in the car it must see my phone and I get a green light and indication my porsche ID is active and allocated.

Hope that may help.

GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
jharrower

Post by jharrower »

F1 Nut wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:57 pm The PCM will only 'receive' the destination into the car when I click the 'link' Porsche ID button, which I have to do each time I switch on the ignition. Not the slickest solutions out there, admittedly, but works every time.
[/quote]

The red ‘Link Porsche ID’ button is the one you need to press each time you turn on the ignition.

7AF0EEA1-82CF-4783-A791-FCCF856BDFC9.jpeg
SAC1 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:11 pm
F1 Nut wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:14 pm
Did you know there is an option in the settings button showing in your picture to connect automatically login? Well, there is on my Gen 3!!

6055B65F-A286-471C-AE5F-548B4EEAA938.jpeg

pmg

Post by pmg »

I suspect you are getting that effect of requiring to press the button because you or the OPC have tied the log in to the Porsche ID by the presence of a particular phone. I assume they allow this to make switching ID easy when you have two partners using the vehicle. I can see why a sent navigation address only arrives once you have logged in by button pressing but that button pressing should not be needed for a car permanently logged in?

I certainly do not go through that procedure as the Porsche Id was entered and paired before I picked up the car and i have not paired it again as the car has only one user.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
F1 Nut

Post by F1 Nut »

I had another play around over the weekend. As soon as I enable CarPlay, the 'Automatic login via telephone' is terminated, meaning I have to manually press the 'Link Porsche ID' button again. I use CarPlay for the apps, but the Porsche nav for destinations.
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

F1 Nut wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:45 pm I had another play around over the weekend. As soon as I enable CarPlay, the 'Automatic login via telephone' is terminated, meaning I have to manually press the 'Link Porsche ID' button again. I use CarPlay for the apps, but the Porsche nav for destinations.

Have you ever used Waze? You could use this instead of the Porsche nav.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
F1 Nut

Post by F1 Nut »

Rarecolour wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:52 pm
F1 Nut wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:45 pm I had another play around over the weekend. As soon as I enable CarPlay, the 'Automatic login via telephone' is terminated, meaning I have to manually press the 'Link Porsche ID' button again. I use CarPlay for the apps, but the Porsche nav for destinations.

I hadn't.... the reason I like the Porsche nav is the full-screen size compared to the CarPlay screen. Also, I like the directions in the instrument cluster.
crockers

Post by crockers »

Waze is a brilliant app. Up to date road conditions.
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

F1 Nut wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:03 pm
Rarecolour wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:52 pm

I hadn't.... the reason I like the Porsche nav is the full-screen size compared to the CarPlay screen. Also, I like the directions in the instrument cluster.

OK, that's fair enough. I do believe someone can modify your PCM so CarPlay is full screen, not the perfect solution but it is an option to consider. I don't know if the directions will come up on the cluster though?
I really like Waze, there seem to be more and more users using it now which makes the traffic updates real time.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)