Alan Ellis

Post by Alan Ellis »

Silver is a good choice
Macan GTS 2022/22 - Silver - wife’s car on order
Macan GTS 2021 - Carmine Red
Macan S, 2019 - White

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Good choice to avoid crayon, it looks like a Primer coat.

I would go for the black/pebble interior if lifestyle permits but do check with the SE about residuals as light colours inside can limit buyers..

The option used to be Agate/Pebble and the Agate has a very brown hue to it so it only worked with certain exterior colours so imo its good Porsche dropped it.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Cobnapint

Post by Cobnapint »

Crayon is a strange one. I saw a couple of 911s in my OPC's showroom and they looked stunning in it. Like an off white or like Ford's old Dove White if anyone can remember that.

Outside was a Macan and a Taycan in Crayon.

Nah - beige.
MY23 Macan S
2012 Cayenne Diesel
2009 997.2 C4S Cab pdk
2006 997.1 C2S Man
2006 SLK 350 (factory collect)
2004 350Z
1999 Audi TT 225
1990 944 Turbo (250)
1990 Celica GT4
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Rhodium Silver with Agate interior:

2017-05-02 (5).JPG

2017-05-02 (10).JPG

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Neil1911 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:12 pm My spec with Dolomite S certainly has a black interior, I like the contrast.
Have you gone for black window trims Neil?
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
RGS

Post by RGS »

crockers wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:22 pm Went in today to the OPC to look at colours in the bright sunshine. We had originally ordered Crayon but in the sunlight it looks too flat and “beige”. I thought it was more like a grey colour but I couldn’t see grey there at all. Next to this was a Dolomite silver car which really sparkled and popped in the sun. We’ve decided therefore to save a £grand and go for the silver.

Now to pin down the interior. I really like the standard black and pinstripes but am pulled with going extended grey. On a T would it be best to stick with a T interior or go custom ?
You may be interested to check out Nick Murray on YouTube and hear his views on the Macan T and as a bonus, his opinion of the most useless option on a Macan, PTV +.

Always good to get an independent opinion, but ultimately its the buyers choice and good that Porsche gives us so many options to personalise our chosen model.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Rarecolour wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:30 am
Neil1911 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:12 pm My spec with Dolomite S certainly has a black interior, I like the contrast.
Have you gone for black window trims Neil?
Yes. Door handles, roof rails and mirrors too, but, controversial possibly, painted side blades (dithering over the sills!) However, the pictures Omni put up of Dolomite with chrome window trims make that combo look not at all bad... However, as l chastise my live in dithering mind changer I'll probably stick with choice 1. That could all change if/when I see Copper Ruby Metallic in the metal.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Personally I'd stick the black window trims, the chrome looks odd to me, too many different shades going on.
Ex -
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

RGS wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:32 pm
crockers wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:22 pm Went in today to the OPC to look at colours in the bright sunshine. We had originally ordered Crayon but in the sunlight it looks too flat and “beige”. I thought it was more like a grey colour but I couldn’t see grey there at all. Next to this was a Dolomite silver car which really sparkled and popped in the sun. We’ve decided therefore to save a £grand and go for the silver.

Now to pin down the interior. I really like the standard black and pinstripes but am pulled with going extended grey. On a T would it be best to stick with a T interior or go custom ?
You may be interested to check out Nick Murray on YouTube and hear his views on the Macan T and as a bonus, his opinion of the most useless option on a Macan, PTV +.

Always good to get an independent opinion, but ultimately its the buyers choice and good that Porsche gives us so many options to personalise our chosen model.
PTV is pretty useless on an awd vehicle.
Ex -
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Rarecolour wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:53 pm
RGS wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:32 pm

PTV is pretty useless on an awd vehicle.
Interested to know why you say that?
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA