engine control fault consult dealer driving permitted

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
Dring5

Post by Dring5 »

Hi everyone
I am new to the forum and I have owned my first Macan ( 2016 2.0L 252 45000 miles ) now for around six months which I enjoy very much. However It keeps throwing up (engine control fault, consult dealer, driving permitted ) . Usually when stopped for a short (15 mins) break when the vehicle is at normal running temperature it will pop up on restarting . To me It appears to be a heat build up problem and I have noticed the cooling fans if running will cut off when the ignition is turned off ( is that normal ) I'm sure if the fans run on for a while after switching off it might cure the problem as it would dissipate any excessive heat from the engine compartment. The fault code is always P1158 according my i-carsoft por v2 reader ( inlet manifold pressure sensor implausible reading) I have changed the pressure sensor for a new one but the problem still exists. Has anyone out there had a similar problem with their Macan.

Regards Dring5

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Dring5 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:15 pm Hi everyone
I am new to the forum and I have owned my first Macan ( 2016 2.0L 252 45000 miles ) now for around six months which I enjoy very much. However It keeps throwing up (engine control fault, consult dealer, driving permitted ) . Usually when stopped for a short (15 mins) break when the vehicle is at normal running temperature it will pop up on restarting . To me It appears to be a heat build up problem and I have noticed the cooling fans if running will cut off when the ignition is turned off ( is that normal ) I'm sure if the fans run on for a while after switching off it might cure the problem as it would dissipate any excessive heat from the engine compartment. The fault code is always P1158 according my i-carsoft por v2 reader ( inlet manifold pressure sensor implausible reading) I have changed the pressure sensor for a new one but the problem still exists. Has anyone out there had a similar problem with their Macan.

Regards Dring5
Several members have had spurious error messages coming up as a result of an ageing battery.

Fans don’t necessarily run on after ignition off, so that may not relate to the fault.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA