All your ordering information here!
crockers

Post by crockers »

No Bose in mine.

Jon I deleted a few things but then put them back 🤪

BanZ

Post by BanZ »

wab172uk wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:21 am
Col Lamb wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:10 am Did the OPC advise you that they have a build slot?

If so then build will probably be in the next six to eight weeks.

If not give them a ring to find out.

They will know when the build is planned and each stage of the process, they all choose to play dumb.

The last bit of Exit Factory Compound and the transport to the OPC is very flexible, seven days to two months can be the range.
7 days to 2 months? That's a hell of a difference.

My build date is February. That's all I've been told. Would be nice to collect from dealer on 6th April (my Birthday) but I doubt it'll pan out like that.

Out of interest does anyone know from start to finish, how long a Macan actually takes Porsche to build? Must be just a few days surely?
I think in the system they plan in a working week but in reality seems to take about 2 days. There is a very detailed video on YouTube showing the whole process in the factory from end to end.
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

BanZ wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:31 pm

I think in the system they plan in a working week but in reality seems to take about 2 days. There is a very detailed video on YouTube showing the whole process in the factory from end to end.
Thanks. Didn't think it was long. I guess the shipping is the delay in everything. At least I won't have the whole BOSE saga to hold things up.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

This is the video I believe
Macan S MY 2023
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

wab172uk wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:09 pm
BanZ wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:31 pm

Thanks. Didn't think it was long. I guess the shipping is the delay in everything. At least I won't have the whole BOSE saga to hold things up.
Biggest delay sadly is always getting a build slot, once you have one everything is real and ‘happening’ but it’s the OPC skullduggery that happens before your name is against a build slot which is an undetermined amount of time.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I hadn't watched that video and thought I would again. I seriously doubt whether each Macan gets the attention shown in this video. I've looked down the bodyline of lots of Macans, and if you look hard enough you can always see some sort of metal tension somewhere. Middle of front doors is a common area, probably where some of the panel gets glued to impact bars etc. Around door handles is often another area.

From the video you'd think that is impossible ;)
Macan S MY 2023
EngineerMK

Post by EngineerMK »

wab172uk wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:21 am
Out of interest does anyone know from start to finish, how long a Macan actually takes Porsche to build? Must be just a few days surely?
you can see how a Gen II is built here...
stimshady

Post by stimshady »

Imagine being tasked with building that factory 🤯🤯🤯
Current:

Ferrari 488 GTB
Porsche Macan S
Ferguson TEF20 (in bits)

Current build due April ‘23 http://www.porsche-code.com/PPKMGX52
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

I’ve done the Taycan factory tour and it is amazing
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S