Switch from S to GTS order

All your ordering information here!
Deleted User 5286

Post by Deleted User 5286 »

If it’s just a few months I would go for the GTS but keep the extras to a minimum….
Perhaps add the bespoke sticker set?

wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Changing the car just for the wheel design seams a bit excessive, but I guess if you really like those wheels?

Is the difference (spec for spec) just £5000 or will the GTS have less spec? If spec for spec it does seam worth it for another £5k
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Your 2 specs are very close so if spending the extra 5K is within budget then why not. In reality, IMO, there is very little difference between the GTS and S in the real world so either is a great choice. Do remember that the GTS will attract a higher first year road tax and potentially higher insurance too.
Macan S MY 2023
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

GTS all day.

As for build dates, the OPC is talking BS, they have an idea when but nothing firm.

When they do have a build date for you they will ask for a Lockdown Code and it will be c6-8 weeks before the build.

Do keep telling them you can Lockdown immediately they tell you you have a build date even if they have an earlier cancellation which you can take advantage of (if you are in position for an earlier build).

As for your GTS spec, pretty good, all I would add is a SPARE WHEEL and ACC.

08B3593F-D0BB-4B21-BB2A-583E06B5C78B.jpeg

Roadside repair the above.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Tidesurge wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:45 am I have an S on order for delivery in Sep or there abouts . I had a look at the 47P wheels last week at the OPC and while they are ok I am not 100% certain. I much prefer the GT design wheels in platinum but they are only available to configure on a GTS or buy separately for approx £5600. I have enquired with the OPC as to a delivery timeframe if I switch orders to a GTS and they came back with a Oct 23 build date. The price is still going to increase by about £5000 with the spec I have built below but I do get the GTS with the wheels I want all be it a little bit later. Both specs below. Any thoughts, I know it’s a lean GTS spec compared to some but I am already a tad over budget.
If I was ordering a GTS, my spec would be even leaner! :lol:

But then again, I like the 47P wheels, so would be happy with an S. ;)

If the wheel design is that crucial to you, I’d go for the GTS. Makes more sense than buying an S and then forking out £5,600 for the wheels you want. :P

So long as you’re happy to wait a bit longer (1-3 months?) for your new Macan.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Yeah, ACC is brilliant. I wouldn't be without that now. Also, all Macans are now pre-wired for the Porsche Front/Rear dashcam as a dealer fit. I have this and it's working great ;)

P.S. the price for the new F/R dashcam is way lower than what you see published for Front only!
Macan S MY 2023
Deleted User 5270

Post by Deleted User 5270 »

Thanks for all the comments, I have advised the OPC that I wish to change my order to a GTS. It may be a lot of money to basically change the wheels but wheels are everything to me. Regarding delivery, I have looked at my work cycle and October won’t work for me so I have advised that I would be looking for a March 24 delivery date which the SE has advised is possible. Shit that’s a long way away. I have configered another code http://www.porsche-code.com/PPB7PH87, I removed the PDLS plus headlights. Are the standard GTS head lights tinted? I have lots of time to tweak anyway.
pstrat

Post by pstrat »

Tidesurge wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:10 pm Thanks for all the comments, I have advised the OPC that I wish to change my order to a GTS. It may be a lot of money to basically change the wheels but wheels are everything to me. Regarding delivery, I have looked at my work cycle and October won’t work for me so I have advised that I would be looking for a March 24 delivery date which the SE has advised is possible. Shit that’s a long way away. I have configered another code http://www.porsche-code.com/PPB7PH87, I removed the PDLS plus headlights. Are the standard GTS head lights tinted? I have lots of time to tweak anyway.
Standard GTS lights are tinted, just don't have the 'Plus' bit of the PDSL, ie self auto-beam
Deleted User 5270

Post by Deleted User 5270 »

pstrat wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:13 pm
Tidesurge wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:10 pm Thanks for all the comments, I have advised the OPC that I wish to change my order to a GTS. It may be a lot of money to basically change the wheels but wheels are everything to me. Regarding delivery, I have looked at my work cycle and October won’t work for me so I have advised that I would be looking for a March 24 delivery date which the SE has advised is possible. Shit that’s a long way away. I have configered another code http://www.porsche-code.com/PPB7PH87, I removed the PDLS plus headlights. Are the standard GTS head lights tinted? I have lots of time to tweak anyway.
Standard GTS lights are tinted, just don't have the 'Plus' bit of the PDSL, ie self auto-beam
That’s what I thought, I am not that bothered about auto beam. Thanks for the confirmation.
gammaray

Post by gammaray »

I am perfectly happy with my S.

But a GTS is a GTS and if you have the opportunity to get your hands on one, I say why not? :D
Now: 2022 Macan S
Previous: BMW 320i, C class