Use you feet to open your boot!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

😂😂

I wouldn’t mind if it was reliable

Try and do it when you are outside the office doesn’t work

Do it when washing the car and of course don’t want it to open, hey presto!
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S

wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

stimshady wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:02 pm I was carrying some stuff to the Tiguan today, quite heavy, and i remember it has this swipe-foot feature to open the boot - which I have probably used maybe once before (probably testing it).

Anyway, as i had my hands full, i thought i'd try it - firstly, you feel like an absolute bellend doing it, but it did actually work! You sort of swipe you whole foot under the right side of the bumper from left to right. And it opens, (No need to unlock first as it's part of the comfort access feature i think).

Got me wondering whether the Macan has this featured (being linked to VW etc). I think I would feel even more stupid doing it on the Macan, but I wondered if anyone knows if it's there?
I have it on my X3. Like you say, waving your foot around make you feel like a plonker, as you never hit the sensor straight away. I only found out it was fitted when we were sat in the boot changing our shoes after a walk out. Beeping noise, and the boot started closing with us half hanging out. One of us had mistakenly put our foot over the sensor.

Its a feature I never use, and could easily live without it ever existing.
stimshady

Post by stimshady »

Absolutely. I don't want nor need it on the Macan, but good to know it's not included... (Would feel even more of an idiot waving my foot around on a car that didn't even have it 🤦🏻‍♂️😂)
Current:

Ferrari 488 GTB
Porsche Macan S
Ferguson TEF20 (in bits)

Current build due April ‘23 http://www.porsche-code.com/PPKMGX52