Maps/Nav problem

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
crispydog

Post by crispydog »

Problem with maps/nav started couple weeks ago with intermittant incorrect location showing up to 3ml away from my actual location & getting cant display speed limit message,last week its seems to have failed completely.
Up to now Ive checked the GPS antenna in the box above the rear view mirror,unplugged cable & plugged back in & its still showing 0 satelites in map options.
Do these GPS antennas have a history of failing?
Thanks.

wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Might just need a software update. Is the car still in warranty?
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Must check the navigation works on mine. Never used it once yet as I tend to favour Waze through Apple CarPlay.
Macan S MY 2023
crispydog

Post by crispydog »

wab172uk wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:54 pm Might just need a software update. Is the car still in warranty?
No,out of warranty 2016 macan S
PowerMalc

Post by PowerMalc »

Are PCM updates free if the car is in warranty?
https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PPHDBG45
Macan S ordered 14-1-22 Gentian, extended Mojave, Walnut, Air, sunroof, 14 way, ACC, LCA, keyfree, surround, spare, HFW, PS+, PDLS+, Heated wheel, rear airbags, autodim, vented seats
crispydog

Post by crispydog »

Sorted now.Replaced GPS antenna no change.Removed head unit unplugged/plugged back antenna cable,simple as that 8-11 satelites now.
Little Urchin

Post by Little Urchin »

wab172uk wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:54 pm Might just need a software update. Is the car still in warranty?
Our Jan 2017 Gen 1 has had a couple of sat nav updates, the latest was end of last summer when google earth failed to load. A software update resolved the issue.
Ours has an extended warranty and was carried out at nil charge.
DiaShan

Post by DiaShan »

Little Urchin wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:07 pm
Our Jan 2017 Gen 1 has had a couple of sat nav updates, the latest was end of last summer when google earth failed to load. A software update resolved the issue.
I think I am having this issue with my pcm. Google earth just says it’s loading forever. OPC said updated but still same software version.
Little Urchin

Post by Little Urchin »

DiaShan wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:58 pm
I think I am having this issue with my pcm. Google earth just says it’s loading forever. OPC said updated but still same software version.

I'm unsure of any change in the software version number, but I did immediately notice, after the update a volume bar indicating the level of volume, appeared at the top of the screen when adjusting the volume.
I will post images of the software versions in a couple of days.
Little Urchin

Post by Little Urchin »

Little Urchin wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:59 am
DiaShan wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:58 pm

I'm unsure of any change in the software version number, but I did immediately notice, after the update a volume bar indicating the level of volume, appeared at the top of the screen when adjusting the volume.
I will post images of the software versions in a couple of days.
Just located photos of software versions pre-resolving the "loading Google Earth" issue and software versions post-resolution of "loading Google Earth" issue

Pre "loading Google Earth" issue

Pre update 02.JPG

Pre update 01.JPG

Post "loading Google Earth" issue

IMG_3010.JPG

IMG_3011.JPG