Xpel Ultimate Plus for Gen 3 centre console & MFD screen

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Has any one had Xpel Ultimate Plus applied to their Gen 3 centre console and MFD screens? If so, are you pleased with the results?
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

I’ve had it fitted to all the gloss black interior pieces, centre console and MFD on my wife’s Macan S. it’s barely visible and I’m very pleased with it. Obviously a lot depends on the fitter. Mine had all the correct templates for a Gen3 MY22 car.
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Thanks for your reply, Atlantis 👍…….. have you had any problems from the water used for installing the film affecting the screen electronics, or did your installer take any special precautions to prevent this? Where did you have this installed?
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I'd imagine they only use a dusting of water for interior pieces as opposed to the gallons used on the exterior.
Macan S MY 2023
Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

AllanG wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:54 am Thanks for your reply, Atlantis 👍…….. have you had any problems from the water used for installing the film affecting the screen electronics, or did your installer take any special precautions to prevent this? Where did you have this installed?
Hi Allan,
No problems at all with the MFD screen or the centre console touch buttons. My installer was Ryan Prior at RP Detailing - https://www.facebook.com/RPValeting/
I watched him do the screen and he only used a small amount of liquid to allow him to accurately position the film. There were small bubbles under the film for about a day afterwards, which he told me was normal.

Edit: Just realised that he put a pic on Facebook of him installing the centre console film. Here you can see how much water is used:

271990272_4300854833353944_512653718663286025_n.jpg

Regards
Jon
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Many thanks for this info, Jon 👍
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon