hello

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
oscar009

Post by oscar009 »

I was looking at a new Cayenne to replace my Range Rover, but having read about the Macan I will probably hang on.
I will be very interested to read about engines and specs of the Macans as it looks a fantastic package of style, performance and practicality with the quality of Porsche.

thanks for having me again

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Welcome Oscar, you've come to the right place!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Welcome Oscar. I had both side by side earlier this year and while the Cayenne felt huge and offered a huge space and comfort, I somehow always ended up getting into the Macan.
The driving experience is simply better but both great cars…
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Welcome to the forum.

Coming from a Range Rover, the size of a Cayenne will probably not bother you. The Macan has much sportier handling and can match most Cayennes for acceleration with a smaller (and more economic) engine.

AS Jon says, they're both great cars.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

The Macan is a smaller car than both RR and Cayenne. So if the extra space is required, I wouldn’t bother with a Macan.

The Macan however, being smaller, will IMHO be the better road car. In Mk3 S or GTS guise it isn’t slow, and can be better placed on the road than the bigger cars can be. And in the real world will be just as quick as any V8 powered RR or Cayenne.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

Visit as many OPC’s as you can and try the S and GTS.

As has been said space is at a premium in a Macan so it depends upon your lifestyle if it is a suitable car for you.

A Macan will handle vastly better than a RR but even on Air Suspension the ride will be a bit harder than that of your RR, not vastly so just harder and more precise.

If you do visit OPC’s do ask each one their wait times for both the S and GTS models, they could be vast differences.

£3k places a fully refundable deposit until the spec is Locked Down which is not necessary until 6-8 weeks prior to the allocated build date. Once built delivery can be 10-60 days thereafter, but 20 days is a reasonable guess and the probable period.

Placing a deposit for any Porsche gives you an invite to the PEC at Silverstone where you can put the model through its paces on a variety of tracks.

Good Luck
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Welcome
I think any Porsche you choose will handle better than a RR., we assume because you are looking at a cayenne you have one of the barge versions of the RR😁
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)