Fuel For Macan S G3

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

vic49er wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:24 pm My first S. Driver Manual Macan S fuel is recommended “at least 95 RON/88 MON” with no Alternative recommended.
Assume that means you can use expensive 99 RON or cheaper Supermarket 98 RON, or even basic 95 RON
Any recommendations/preferences?
As Nick has said, go by the sticker on the fuel flap. You haven't said if your S is brand new. If it's a Gen 3 it will have the 2.9L engine (the same as in my Gen 2 GTS). I've always used 98/99 RON (mainly Esso) fuel but on public roads you probably wouldn't notice the performance difference if you were to use 95RON. Slight drop in fuel efficiency because 95RON is E10 but that is offset by the lower price.

This is a topic you could debate until doomsday on this forum and you still wouldn't see agreement.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel

vic49er

Post by vic49er »

Hi Peter, picked up the Macan S 10 days ago. Pre arranged holiday in France filled up with Esso Synergy Supreme 99 in UK and super market 98 RON in France. In running-in mode registered 34.1 mpg. Enjoyed the read "E10 fuel", learnt a lot from GTB thesis, Tried to figure out of there was something lost in translartion from German in "at least" but no joy. Might post a the question to Porsche Technical UK. In the meantime will continue to use 98 RON.
Many thanks to all for the diverse responses.
Current Macan S Gen 3. Collected 7th July 2023 http://www.porsche-code.com/PPYKXJQ9
BMW Z3M Coupe (S50)
Previous: Macan 2L Gen 2
GTB

Post by GTB »

vic49er wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:54 pm Hi Peter, picked up the Macan S 10 days ago. Pre arranged holiday in France filled up with Esso Synergy Supreme 99 in UK and super market 98 RON in France. In running-in mode registered 34.1 mpg. Enjoyed the read "E10 fuel", learnt a lot from GTB thesis, Tried to figure out of there was something lost in translartion from German in "at least" but no joy. Might post a the question to Porsche Technical UK. In the meantime will continue to use 98 RON.
Many thanks to all for the diverse responses.
vic49er,
Great you learnt something from my ramblings! 42 years now working in the filling station world, not just in the UK but also globally. in fact Im in Doha, Qatar just now on business, filling stations really the same world over, albeit the "Image" is diffrent and services provided.

Woqod the state owned petroleum provider prices today are for 95Ron petrol is QAR 2.1 per Litre so thats approx 42pence per litre!!!! Now thats prices with a 75L tank I could live with so £31.50 to complete fill my Macan GTS.

Oh how I wish I can take a few thousand litres back to the UK at those prices.......

And before anybody asks only a select few filling stations sell 98 Ron petrol. There is no Diesel cars here, Diesel reserved only for business vans and trucks, and with petrol so cheap why have a diesel car.

Cheers GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0