Roof Rails

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

MooseMiller wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:39 pm
Scooby_Doo wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:56 pm .... my kayak only weighs about 26kg ...
Fair play to you to hoist 26kg up onto your roof rails
I wish, if you look at the first picture I've tied a large piece of brown padded tabletop protector to the side of the car. I only pull out the front slidebar and lift the front of the kayak onto the bar with the back end still on the floor. I then lift the back end up and pull the rear bar out underneath it. Then slide both bars back onto the roof. Piece of cake. The only thing I have to be careful with is making sure the rear of the kayak doesn't slip back on the floor, otherwise it'll be goodbye front wingmirror.

MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:20 pm I wish, if you look at the first picture I've tied a large piece of brown padded tabletop protector to the side of the car. I only pull out the front slidebar and lift the front of the kayak onto the bar with the back end still on the floor. I then lift the back end up and pull the rear bar out underneath it. Then slide both bars back onto the roof. Piece of cake. The only thing I have to be careful with is making sure the rear of the kayak doesn't slip back on the floor, otherwise it'll be goodbye front wingmirror.
That's very clever. I'd be the idiot trying to lift the whole kayak up to the roof in one go :lol: