"start/stop operation deactivated" on dash

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
timthetinyhorse

Post by timthetinyhorse »

So just out and about today driving in normal mode, when coming to a stop the warning "ping" sounded and the notification "Start/Stop operation deactivated" showed on the dash in blue. I have the battery voltage on dash and its sat at 14.5 so no issues there....any other clues? The start/stop button is also inactive so cant be switched on or off......

Obviously in sport the start/stop system isnt active however when coming to a stop in sport this error still pings on the dash so very strange indeed!!

Car is already booked in for transfer case investigation in a couple weeks so will add this however be good to know if anyone else has had this? Obviously I see the orange arrow when start/stop conditions are not met but this is new and irritating as it pings every time you come to a stop.

Cheers

timthetinyhorse

So....looks like this was related to a low battery voltage issue......longer drive and the battery has pulled a higher voltage in and were all good. Looks like i will be needing a new battery soon. Mods please feel free to close this thread down :D
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Yes - when battery low the start/stop will not operate.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

timthetinyhorse wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:16 am So....looks like this was related to a low battery voltage issue......longer drive and the battery has pulled a higher voltage in and were all good. Looks like i will be needing a new battery soon. Mods please feel free to close this thread down :D
A Voltage of 14.5 when running shows that the alternator is charging at close to maximum rate. Leave the car (shut down) for a few hours and then turn the ignition on. If the battery voltage before engine start is <11.9V then the battery is still in need of charging. It can take in excess of 1hr driving to fully charge it from this state. A CTEK (or similar) charger will be a cheaper first step than a new battery and may well solve the problem.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
timthetinyhorse

On-Track wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:17 pm
timthetinyhorse wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:16 am So....looks like this was related to a low battery voltage issue......longer drive and the battery has pulled a higher voltage in and were all good. Looks like i will be needing a new battery soon. Mods please feel free to close this thread down :D
A Voltage of 14.5 when running shows that the alternator is charging at close to maximum rate. Leave the car (shut down) for a few hours and then turn the ignition on. If the battery voltage before engine start is <11.9V then the battery is still in need of charging. It can take in excess of 1hr driving to fully charge it from this state. A CTEK (or similar) charger will be a cheaper first step than a new battery and may well solve the problem.
Got a non running voltage of 12.1v so just this side of needing charge, thanks for the advice will be doing a longer run this weekend so hoping not to see this warning again (its not been back for a few days now) I have a CTEK from back in my old car days so if the run out isnt fully effective i will get it hooked up.